NEMBA Annual Solo & Quartet Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by blakeyboy, Sep 7, 2007.

?

Will you be attending

Poll closed Oct 14, 2007.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

This years NEMBA Solo and Quartet Contest will be held at the Newstead Miners Welfare, Sunday 14th October 2007.

Commencing at 10:00am

Classes:
    1. Novice Slow Melody - Aged under 14 years on the day of the contest, never won a prize, not entered in any other slow melody sections. Item to be played to be taken from 'Tune a Day - Book 1'
    2. Junior Hymn Tune Quartet - Aged under 14 years on the day of the contest. Two verses.
    3. Junior Slow Melody - Aged under 14 years on the day of the contest.
    4. Junior Slow Melody - Aged 14 years or over, but under 17 years on the day of the contest.
    5. Junior Air Varie - Aged under 17 years on the day of the contest. Entry fee for classes 1,2,3,4 and 5 - £2.00 per entry

Prizes for the above classes - 1st. Prize Trophy & Medals, 2nd. Prize Medals, 3rd. Prize Medal.

Class 5 Junior Air Varie 1st Prize winner to be asked to be the featured Soloist at the next suitable Newstead Brass Concert.

6. Junior Duet - Aged under 17 years on the day of the contest. Entry fee - £3.00 per entry
      Prizes - 1st. Trophy & Medals. 2nd. Medals. 3rd. Medals.
    7. Junior Quartet - Aged under 17 years on the day of the contest.
      Entry fee - £5.00 per Quartet
    8. Senior Quartet - Entry fee - £5.00 per Quartet
    9. Open Air Varie Class - Entry fee - £2.00 per entry
    Admission by programme - £1 (includes competitors)

Accompaniment facilities are not available. The draw for order of play in all classes will be pre-drawn by officers of the association, and notification sent out to all competitors. All enquiries and entry forms with fees to Melanie Cooper by the closing date.

Which is: Saturday 6th October 2007

Please contact Melanie Cooper for entry forms on 07970 490 773 or by email to mel-cooper@hotmail.co.uk.​

2. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

Anyone interested?

3. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

Calling all bands... anyone out there...

4. postie

postie Member

Bestwood are looking at bringing some of our youngsters from our Training Band to the contest. Looking at making a final decision which ones soon.

5. IJK

IJK Member

Ireland will be entering a few players and may be a quartet.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  6. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

Wicked! See you there...

7. solo_euph

solo_euph Member

Is the contest open to non nembba bands this year as if it is we might be interested in entering

8. Tinkabell

Tinkabell Member

My understanding is that unfortunately, it is only open to NEMBA players, as I asked one of the organizers the other week. I would have had a couple of entrants otherwise.

9. Hornted

Hornted Member

Solo contest

Hi

We at Newstead are organising the contest on behalf of NEMBBA and so the rules are not ours. We have just followed what was asked of us and that is to arrange a solo contest for NEMBBA member bands.

So thank you for the interest and I am sorry that we could not include everyone. Of course bands are welcome to join NEMMBA which would then allow them to enter the contest.

Melanie Cooper

10. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

Sorry... I've caused a little confusion here...

Meant to say "Calling all NEMBA bands"

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    U)Entry
    NEMBA Annual Solo & Quartet Contest
    NEMBA Solo and Quartet Contest
    Prize Medal.
    Junior Air Varie 1st Prize
  12. Hornted

Hornted Member

NEMBBA Solo Contest

Given the problems with the post I am happy to receive completed forms by e mail, The closing date is Saturday 6th October and as long as I have received your e mail by then.

My e mail address is mel-cooper@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you

Melanie Cooper

13. Hornted

Hornted Member

New Venue

The NEMBBA solo and quartet contest arranged for Sunday 14 October has now been moved to Shirland Miners Welfare to start at the earlier time of 9.30 am.

Melanie