Need advice for cornet mouthpiece

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Richard Russell, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Richard Russell

Richard Russell New Member

I just bought my first cornet a Besson 2-20 #393447. I need advice on what kind of mouthpiece I should get. I play a Getzen Trumpet with a Bach3C mouthpiece. I don't know if I need a short or a long shank. Any advice will be well appreciated.

Thanks, Richard Russell

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besson 2
    Bach3C
    Richard Russell
    Getzen Trumpet
    cornet mouthpiece
  3. Simes

Simes Supporting Member

Hi Richard,

I think you would get more replies of a useful nature if you posted this in the "Rehearsal Room" forum on this website - this forum is more for new users to introduce themselves - which you have sort of done I guess!:sup

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thread moved, and good luck with your enquiry ;)

5. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

Most UK players use a short shank mouthpiece.

The mouthpice that you should choose depends on the type of playing you do but I suggest you get a similar size to your trumpet mouthpiece. A bach cornet mputhpiece would be the obvious choice although these are not that well suited to brass bands if you are considering joining one.

Dennis Wick are very popular for brass band playing but there are other good makes that you could use like Yamaha for example.

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Stick with the devil you know ... give the equivalent Bach 3c cornet mouthpiece a whirl. It's the same specifications as your trumpet one.

7. Richard Russell

Richard Russell New Member

Will do, thanks for the good advice,

Richard Russell

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You might surprise yourself. Maybe what's required is a slight change in your approach to playing both instruments.