need a new euph and geneva symphony euphonium opinions

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Eddy1234567, May 8, 2013.

1. Eddy1234567

Eddy1234567 Member

Hi guys!

Just looking to get some advice really on the Geneva Symphony Euphonium.
    Currently playing on a Besson Prestige but multiple problems later and Besson not giving a flying f*** (excuse the french) I'm looking at several different options.
    Which brings me to the Geneva. Has anyone or does anyone play one of these Euphoniums? They seem top notch but just wanting peoples opinions on how they blow compared to Besson, tuning, build quality etc?
    Plus the lifetime guarantee is something i see as a huge bonus after my recent problems.
    People will say try them which - of course i will, and i will be looking at the alternatives so if you have any suggestions please let me know :)

Thanks
    Ed

2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Yamaha Maestro and Willson both well worth a try.

3. DutchEupho

DutchEupho New Member

Hi Ed,

I play a Geneva Symphony euphonium and can honestly say it's the best thing I've ever played.
    I has a great sound and better intonation than any of its competitors. You get real value for your money with the Geneva.
    But don't let me convince you....try it!
    Contact Timothy Oldroyd or John Hudson for a test and some great service.

I curious about what you think of the instrument so please post your feelings about the Geneva Symphony Euphonium.

Kind Regards,
    Tim Messerschmidt

4. Not wanting to pour scorn but........a lifetime guarantee is only any good if they're still in business.

5. Smalley

Smalley New Member

Tim, dont you work for Geneva as well?

6. simonium

simonium Member

I've played them all - Besson, York, Meinl, Yamaha, Sterling, Geneva, Adams. For me, and this will be probably horribly unfashionable, the Yamaha Neo is a phenomenal euphonium. I was astounded, having been a Besson / B&H player the whole time. Having said that I bought a S/H Besson which suits me perfectly.

The Geneva was a very good hooter - build seemed more than adequate, intonation was good and the general feel was pleasing. I didn't like the trigger, but I've not played a triggered euph where I have liked it so that's me and not the instrument. It was a while a go I tried it and I'm not sure where they sit price-wise but certainly a decent product. No more decent than many others however.

7. DutchEupho

DutchEupho New Member

Hi Smalley,

I'm selling Geneva in The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. But started as a customer.
    That's why I said: dont let me convince you.... Just try it!

I think that every player sould try every brand that is available before buying anything. Dont just buy anything because of the brand name or player x playing a surtain brand.

Kind regards,