Nearest Band to Grange-Over-Sands

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Boner, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Boner

Boner New Member

Ok. A nine year old cornet player with, from what I've heard, great potential, living in Grange-Over-Sands..

I don't know the area at all.

Which band does he join??

Thanks..

2. Gaz W

Gaz W New Member

Depends how far his parents can transport him, there's Dearham up in Maryport and we could possible help with transport some of the way, or there's the shipyard band down in Barrow. They're probably the nearest, don't hold me to it though, geography never has been my forte.

3. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

The Askam Band

Very firendly non-contesting (at present) brass band which would be perfect for your young player... They have their own excellent bandroom and some very talented and supportive players - would be just the right environment for a youngster.

The Principal cornets email address is: robkavanagh@madasafish.com why not give them an email - if you need more contact details then feel free to get in touch with me and i will pass on some details.

I don't think you want an upper section band for a 9 year old - you want a friendly local band, with local gigs.

Hope that is of some use.

4. Boner

Boner New Member

Yes

yes, i know about dearham... my old mate mark is up there wagging i think..?

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Isn't there a band at Flookburgh too? That's the next village to Grange-over-Sands.

6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Yeah there is my friend lives in Grange and I was trying to get her to go there. But she plays flute so it didn't work.

7. Gaz W

Gaz W New Member

He sure is and doing a damn good job too. Who exactly is boner, i'll let him know you remember him.