Ne Welsh Banders Out There?!?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jess the drummer girl!, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Hey i play with abergavenny...

just wondering if there's ne1 else from south wales amongst the mouth piece members?!?

2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

yes there are a few Welsh tmpers... :p the big boss who owns the site..evening guv!!! Dyl ( one of the moderators )yr epa..the mighty Gwyn Anwyl..Dewi G...Big Gav Saynor...me and loads of others....check them out once in a while...Just cos we from oop north dont make us different you kno :D
    hope this helps...
    adios

3. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

And me :)

4. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

and me too

I am a proud Welshman living up North...there are many others on here too..they're just shy!

5. JamesResurgam

JamesResurgam Member

I'm from Skewen between Neath and Swansea, although I was born in Maesteg, does that qualify?
    I now live in the far north east, 17 miles south of the fair city of Aberdeen.

Dafydd ap Iago

6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm a proud welshtype folk. Born and lived in Wales forever, yet sound exceedingly English and can't utter much more than onions in welsh.....am an English/Welsh borderperson. :)

7. bandsman12uk

bandsman12uk New Member

ne welsh banders out there?

i,m from south wales and been playing with my band for 30 years in wales

8. stopher

stopher Member

From North Wales as well like Nick Jones and Co!

Actually Nick,, thought you were from Wolverhamton you tart!

9. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

As Nick J said, I am a welsh tMP'er! Us gogs are a force to be reckoned with, we might live a fair bit away but look out (as all north welsh proved in the areas!).

4 bands in the Nationals this year, look out!!! If we don't get the result I'm sure they'll be enough singing in the bar close to the Albert Hall (Sospan Fach, Oes gafr eto? etc.) I just hope that all the other Welsh people will join us, otherwise its just gonna be the 4 bands, come on other Welsh people in the other bands!!!! Come on!!

10. Jeff Lewis

Jeff Lewis New Member

I am originally from the metropolis of Tredegar, but moved "Up North" in 1989. I play solo baritone with Leyland.

Still a proud Welshman and Man of Gwent - Come on the Dragons !! :p

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Banders
    Ne Welsh
    abergavenny
    mouth piece members
    south wales
  12. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

my roots

On 14th February 1951, in Priory Hospital, the ex-workhouse in HAVERFORDWEST, a little welsh lady gave birth, it was 3.15am, and that little Welsh bundle of joy was ME. They had a record playing at the time, that lovely Welsh song, "All Through the Night", as I entered the world, the record stuck, but it didn't effect me a bit a bit a bit a bit a bit a bit a bit a bit a bit a bit a bit...........................

13. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

I'm from Nantymoel originally...still living in the Ogmore Valley and still having a blow with the depleted BSC Port Talbot band (should we be called CORUS now?) on Wednesdays. :lol: :lol:

14. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

There's me too!
    I'll see you at rehearsal when I eventually get let off baby sitting duties :?

15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

.. and I suppose I'd better make a brief appearance... :) Welsh through and through... :)

16. Well I think that I might be................my surname is Thomas.......

My grandfather did always maintain that we were Welsh miners that moved to the Staffs coalfields. Having spent three years researching the family history, and have got back to the 1700s with the Thomas line - I havn't been able to prove it yet.

I am sure that the elusive Welsh Thomas miners were living under a Witness Protection Scheme............but never mind, I will get them one day - they won't escape capture lol.

17. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

I'm from a delightful mining village called Blaengwynfi and started playing cornet with my Grampa in the village band.
    I also played with West Glam Youth in the glory days and with BSC for a brief time.
    Joined the army when I was 18 and now live in London with my wonderful family.
    Still brass banding though, cant get away from it :D

18. hornette

hornette New Member

I'm a Welshy :twisted: from Pontarddulais but playing for Ammanford. Any of you lot members of the NYBBW or past members? :?:

19. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Yep, I played NYBBW in 1987

20. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I'm almost Welsh, i was born in Oswestry, just off the welsh border, me ma's side is Welsh, and i mainly played in Welsh bands as a yungster, so im nearly there.

21. hornette

hornette New Member

Oooh, the year I was born... (Just thought I'd make that comment) it's likely I wasn't on the course the same time as you then...

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Banders
    Ne Welsh
    abergavenny
    mouth piece members
    south wales