NCBBA Entertainments Contest - Forfar

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Moy, May 27, 2006.

1. Moy

Moy Active Member

Anyone got the full results.
    I know the 1,2,3.
    1st Johnstone Silver
    2nd Bon Accord
    3rd Granite City
    Also know GCB sop won the best soloist of the day.
    Came away early to do some gardening - HONEST ;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Forfar
    NCBBA Entertainments
    Johnstone Silver2nd Bon Accord3rd Granite CityAlso
    GCB
    GCB sop
  3. BBb Girl

BBb Girl New Member

we woz robbed

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: - how come? (and who adjudicated?)

5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

wee wizny!!!!!!!

6. tubalips

tubalips New Member

Full results

1. Johnstone 192
    2. Bon-Accord Silver 191
    3. Granite City 188
    4. St Patricks Brass, Shotts 186
    5. City of Discovery 178
    6. Tayport 177
    7. Arbroath Instrumental 176
    8. Renfrew Burgh 175
    9. Perthshire Brass 174
    10. Dundee Instrumental 173
    11 Turriff Silver 172

W/D Bon - Accord Silver 'B' Band

Best entertaining programme - Bon-Accord Band
    Best Solo - Alan Haggart, Granite City Brass
    Best NCCBA Band - Bon-Accord Silver Band
    Best Non NCBBA Band - Johnstone
    Best Percussion - Bon -Accord Silver Band

Bon Accord had an interesting pre stage disaster when, waiting to go on stage, a broken tap turned into a upward water jet on three players in the toilets. It was a real case of Wet Wet Wet! As one said "all that was missing was a tube of shower gel!!" Tee Hee!

Well done to the organisers for a good day out :)
    mandy
    bon - accord silver band

7. BBb Girl

BBb Girl New Member

The judge was Graham O'Connor.

8. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

Graham O'Conner is a superb musician, conductor, and adjudicater, whatever he says i go by and trust! He is my favourite conductor and adjudicated of all time, if he says he could have passed wind more in tune than i played, i would believe him!

9. Flug gal

Flug gal New Member

And doesn't it feel good!!:D

10. ABERDEEN LOON

ABERDEEN LOON Member

Good contest:clap: (even though we were last!!!!!):guiness (might give a kick up the preverbial for some of the players in the band!):pig

Well played Johnstone. You did sound good through the doors( unfortunately I don't think that it would have been appreciated if I had taken in my 22m onld son in to the hall so I had to listen through the doors at that point to let the wife in to hear.)

Also a well done to Bon accord, good to see you all again: good luck to Karen who is due in about a fortnight (no going back now!)

Great adjudicator. Good to hear him make comments to all the bands: hope this trend catches on.

nearly forgot, well done to GCB as well. Well played Allan. and Moy, Glad to hear that the vibrato is not just from sitting beside Jamesie! ;-)
    ttfn Andrew

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  11. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

What a Crass comment from someone who cant even say who they are. I hate comments made from posters who hide behind annonimity(spelling) as they mean nothing to the majority of members. It should be made a rule to include a name and a band to stop all this mouthing off :mad: In my opinion Graham is a class conductor who I've played under a few times. I understand you may feel let down after playing but have the decency to tell us who and what band you are:clap:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Forfar
    NCBBA Entertainments
    Johnstone Silver2nd Bon Accord3rd Granite CityAlso
    GCB
    GCB sop
  13. Flug gal

Flug gal New Member

I obviously can't speak on behalf of anyone else, but maybe you need to stop and consider the fact that some of us are new to the forum and aren't so much 'hiding behind anonymity' (there's the correct spelling for you) but haven't quite sussed out adding names etc to our profile yet, before you suggest anything otherwise.

And here you go, just in case you think I'm hiding, I'm Fiona, play flug with Johnstone Band, and will be adding my name and band to the bottom of my profile just as soon as I work out how to do it.....

14. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

I'm sorry but the comment was never aimed at yourself but the comment made about being robbed as which was quoted. Thanks for the spelling and well done on the result:)

15. Flug gal

Flug gal New Member

Cheers - so now that's sorted how do I get my signature to show up??????????????

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  16. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

User CP at the top of the forum and on the left add signature - I'm glad its sorted too:D

17. Flug gal

Flug gal New Member

Ahh, bingo (I hope). Ta muchly - now I must stop hijacking this thread!!

18. BBb Girl

BBb Girl New Member

Oh dear, oh dear. I think you need to chill out a bit!

I don't believe my comment was 'crass' - someone asked who the adjudicator was, and I simply stated the answer. By doing so I did not give any indication of my opinion(s) regarding his musicianship or anything else. Infact, I would go as far as to say that the extreme reactions that the two of you have had is what is casting doubts on Mr O'Connor's skills - nothing that I have said.

Don't get on your high horse unnescessarily - the first post was a lighthearted joke and your reaction was completely out of order.

And no - I am not going to reveal my band so that you can blast them with the same useless ranting as was in your last post.

Get a life!

19. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

I agree - too many beers before posting:oops: - I may have read it the wrong way and I'm man enough to admit it:tup I do have a life though, that's why I was half-smashed when I posted:D

20. BBb Girl

BBb Girl New Member

Thanks for that.

I have been known to like a beer or two myself, so give me a shout next time you're going to get smashed...