Navy Blue - Browne. Royal Marines CD

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Ginge, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

I need to write some programme notes for an upcoming concert and have left it to the last minute! :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a CD with the march Navy Blue by Trevor Browne on it? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could possible tell me a little info about the march/composer that you will hopefully find in the CD sleeve.

It will most likely be on a Royal Marines Band CD.

Thanks!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Navy Blue
    Browne
    Royal Marines
    CD
    Trevor Browne
  3. grandad

grandad Member

ring me tomorrow!!
    and i will enlighten you!

4. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Commissioned in 1989 "Navy Blue" is a concert march which was written to mark the Centenary of the Royal Naval Shore Establishment H.M.S.Drake in the City Of Plymouth.
    The march attempts to encapsulate the essence of this association with musical references to popular naval melodies.
    Trevor (Bruno) Brown, former the Chief Staff Arranger at Her Majesty's Royal Marines School Of Music, Deal, allowed me to make a brass band version of the march in 1990.
    You will find a recording of the march, played by The Band Of Her Majesty's Royal Marines Commandos, Conducted By Lieutenant John R. Perkins RM on Clovelly Recordings "Marches Of The Sea" CL CD 101.

KSJ.

5. Ginge

Ginge Member

Thanks Keith, that's ideal!! :)

I think i've got enough info to work with now Grandad, thanks anyway.

Good luck tomorrow! I'll see you on sunday if you're around?