National Youth Brass Band Championships of Great Britain

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Andy Moore, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Just wondering who's going really, and any news about anything to do with it . . .
  2. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

i'm goin! :D
  3. Dolly

Dolly Member

we're goin though maybe I wish we werent
  4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ill be there but thats not really surprising to ya or iklepablo.

dolly, wot section have they entered in it??
  5. i'll be playin with St. Helens Youth

see all there
  6. going to watch... I used to play principle cornet with Rochdale Youth so it's always nice to go and watch and support them. That same night, all the ex players from Rochdale Youth are having a reunion in Manchester so should be a good weekend for me! :tup :)
  7. Dolly

Dolly Member

The only section we can enter in because we're not funded, the community which is a bit of a pain. Stiff compettion in there from the likes of Jag Mount Charles Youth, I guess they're not gonna come all this way for nothing? Its only own the road for us, I guess were lucky but with so many bands it turns this into a very difficult and mixed section.
  8. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Is this the one at RNCM? If so I think I'm going along for a listen/drink as its only up the road. :D
  9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

i might join you fp.. when is it?
  10. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

3rd april at RNCM i think
  11. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

yeh you're right
  12. tim

tim Member

I'll be there playing for the egglescliffe school brass band on 2nd euph... should be good but HATE the test piece... we're doing a good own coice set though!
  13. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I'll be there playing Principal Euph with Youth Brass 2000.
    Should be good fun! Hope to see some of you there!
  14. i thought ud still be playin wth Smithills aido. surely ur not still a member?!?! haha
  15. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

no :eek: im not a dep-whore like you ben :p
    i've never played with them since a left 2 years ago. (cept for a tour over the summer after I left) Certainly wouldn't play for them in a contest. Would be free to play for a non-school band though :) ;)
  16. Ginge

Ginge Member

I'll be there with JAG Mount Charles Youth!

Nice to see that we're seen as stiff competition!!!
    See you all there!
  17. Scotty

Scotty Member

I'll be there with West Lothian Schools. Defending champs woohoo!
  18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'll be there watching Youth Brass 2000... unfortunately not playing due to Midland Mainline (damn those trainspotters!!). Is there a bar at the RNCM??

Seedhouse, can't believe you got sucked in to playing this one as well... you're in the trap now!!! :twisted:
  19. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Yes :D
  20. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I seem to remember going down with West Lothian last year, and the bar in RNCM being shut, (Much to my horror) Luckily my local knowledge got myself and a couple of other well wishers over the road to the Footage & Firkin (Think it's still called that)

Have to admit to breaking into a cold sweat tho before the first Carling went down. :wink: