National Finals Test Pieces 2007 - what are your preferences?

Discussion in '2007 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by mjwarman, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I heard that it might be Year of the Dragon also. Not sure how many agree with me but I think that would be a tremendous choice for the 1st Section.

If not that I would love Dances and Arias!

2. tindagrae

tindagrae New Member

You'll be having a crack at the trombone part then will ya?!! Will get the Dragon out on Wednesday night for you to have a go at on yer double b :clap:

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2007
  3. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

He's a bass player. He'll be fine.

Year of The Dragon would be a stonker.

4. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I attempted that once. I nearly died. S'not healthy.

5. tindagrae

tindagrae New Member

If it's owt like your potting skills (pool, not plants) then I'm not suprised mate! Congrats on the fab result at the Trophy, hope you didn't have too good a celebration without me!;)

6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

You should know I'm up for a crack at anything mate; Bring on the Dragon! Shame I'm at work tonight but I'll take you up on your challenge on Sunday night if you fancy!

7. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Glad you agree with me Mosh

8. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

I like you. Will you be my friend?

Piece announced on Friday........

9. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Of course I'll be your friend!

I can't wait for friday morning. I start work at 9am. The first thing I do will be to log onto Kapitols website and see what the piece is!

10. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

And we'll be roomies at Harrogate, stay up late, drink beer, tell ghost stories and in the morning, I'm making waffles.

I am likely to be illl on Friday as despite the advice of my doc, I went to band with this chest infection last night and consequentially am struggling to breathe today. Therefore, I will be sat waiting for the announcement, patiently hitting the old refresh button.

11. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Sounds like a plan!

12. Alan Fernie

Alan Fernie Member

Ok, it's high, but it "sits" right on the instrument, and it's not really that hard - try "Elaine" from Tintagel (Denis Wright) 3rd section area 1997 (I think) - that's really hard!!

13. Les Wood

Les Wood Member

Mr Fernie is being a bit modest here - he played that solo with Kirkintilloch at the Europeans in 1986 (good God, that long ago?!) and made an absolutely brilliant job of it: I've got a recording of it - a really sweet assured sound on what is a pretty tough solo (no matter what he says!)

Les Wood
    Kirkintilloch Band

14. Di

Di Active Member

As the National Finals pieces have now been announced and this thread has been about preferences and speculation, please see the "National Finals Test Pieces Announced" thread for further discussion on the pieces.

This thread locked to save on duplication of topic and posts. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.