National Finals 2008 - 3rd Section Test Piece : Suite for Brass

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Jun 4, 2008.

1. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

You wouldn't believe the number of times I was asked how to get the recordings....probably because I spent a fair bit of Saturday talking to Richard Scott and Keith Farrington....it would've been useful for the information to have been circulated at the draw, though.

Congratulations, btw :D :clap:

2. She didn't say how they would contact the bands, probably by email though. She did say it would be a good idea to get it sorted this week to ensure you don't miss out; They do chuck out the recordings after time. With a credit card number at hand you can order over the phone via the number I gave.

3. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

True! Yet we still manage to get the mother of all **** page turns!!:mad:
    No mezzy! Aim big! I want some nasty timp or tam tam action!! Not tubular bells though, not sure my lot would trust me with a mallet!:hammer

I wanna drive on in my mates smart convertible! It would make for a right comfy seat and my "dulcet musical stylings" would still carry! And it has the most ridiculously pants horn....... puts the pp in peeeeeep!!!!:lol:

4. bbg

bbg Member

Sadly we missed out on a return to 'Arrogate this year, been reading through the various section threads and looks like much the same comments as last year with regard to pricing, empty halls, grumbles about placings etc......but then it's great to see posts from folks who genuinely enjoyed the whole experience. Methinks that Harrogate Wetherspoons should take over sponsorship from Kapitol?!
    Well done D&M and Annan, top half placings ...... and did I espy an artistic photie of the one and only DMBabe herself on 4BR?? Better than the one of our MD's tartan trews last year...!

5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Is that the "babe" ?
    Wow! I'm in love

6. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

You will be when you see her!

on a scale of 1-5 I'd give her a phwoaaaaaar!

7. steve butler

That sounded like a four - with your slight speech impediment :biggrin:
    I'd just give her the lowest mark on the scale ;)

8. Hells Bones

Aye, phwoaaaar!

9. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

People always seem to have a good time at Harrogate. I think the next step forward would be for companies like themusicpage.com do start stream lining the event, having particular screens for each section on the day.

10. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!:hammer Enough already! Have had PMs and everything about it! Its a ****** cornet and I play flugel!!! That's our Anna but will pass on all your comments to her!

Am mightily impressed that you all think i'm a wee skinny slip of a 22 yr old but eh...............NAW!!!!

And Anty Hellsbones boy! U should know better being that u've actually met me! Unless you think think I'm hot apart from that in which case..... result!!!;)

11. barnybeebop

barnybeebop Member

Good idea. I think a pre-draw would help too as we were in Harrogate, miles from our hotel in Leeds by 12:15pm. Didn't play until about 8pm, couldn't drop our stuff of in our alloted bay until band 9 or 10 went through.

Could have had a lie in after a few too many on the night before the contest - hehehe.

12. steve butler

:biggrin::p hehehe I did titter, I blame young Ant for fanning the flames.
    Personally I find pigs very attractive ;)

13. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

And the me looking like our Anna reminds me of something to do with pigs.....:pig
    Wishful thinking on your part? C'mon Butler surely a man of ur talents would be able to tell that she was playing a cornet?:dunno

14. steve butler

I find it difficult to seperate reality from fantasy sometimes, and I did have some really good fantasies about whoever was playing whatever :D

AND don't forget cornets/flugels/horns etc. are just small instruments to me

15. Hells Bones

I thought a man of your talents was used to small instruments, Mr B? :biggrin:

16. steve butler

Will you all stop talking about my talents and get back on topic!

17. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Back on topic have you listened to Stan L being interviewed by 4 bars rest about results?

18. steve butler

On my way now, I like Stan

19. steve butler

Great to hear comments like that from the horses mouth, don't you think?
    Small margins eh? Messy

20. I thought the interview gave some interesting points and some fair points but thought the remark about percussion was not needed - there are quite a few percussionists in 3rd section!!