National Festival of Music for Youth

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Sellers_Bird, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

jus had a message from littlemissmarcroft informing me that ROCHDALE YOUTH BAND have won their section... that's all I know!! I thought u lot should know too - well done to everyone competing in this years festival, but a special congrats got to every single one of them at Rochdale, a great achievement for themselves and i'm soooooooooo proud and glad to be an ex member! :D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ROCHDALE
    festival
    everyone
    achievement
  3. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There were 2 outstanding awards, one went to Newport and one went to Rochdale. They played a bloody stormer... bout time they got their butts back into gear!! YAY!!! Welldone everyone! :D

Hey..... hey baby!! WE WON!!!

:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

4. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Any more results yet anybody??????

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I was about to be in a state of shock that a welsh band hadn't won it this year... :wink: well done to Rochdale and Newport. I seem to remember a pretty decent bar at the festival hall (If you had a few quid anyway) so I'm sure it was a good day!

6. Well done Newport and apparently Greater Gwent won too!!!

Congrats evry1!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. jim

jim Member

The Greater Gwent Youth won the Triple can anywon beat them! the performance was awsome great buz from playing in that performance. I noticed that most bands had only about 30 players the two gwent bands go on stage with an army of about 70 players :!:
    What did others think of the cheography.

8. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Greater Gwent youth What can i say :?:

The result says it all,

FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE FOLLOW THAT :grnsm

And just look whats waiting in the wings, 67 tallented youngsters from the Newport Centre Brass Band.

Looking good in wales. :wink: :wink:

Hope your Summer tour to N.Z & OZ goes well.

Hear Alun F. and Andrew Jones are buying the first round :guiness :guiness :guiness

9. Beaumaris Youth were fantastic too by the way!! I really thought they would have got something, they were so together and so smart and professional, I was really impressed!!!

All those who got in the prizes played great... I counted 64 players for newport !!!! I might be a couple of numbers out, but it was funny waiting for them all to sit down! hehe :lol:

Anyway, like I said... there were some excellent performances in that section, all bands should be *really* pleased with themselves... it's the first time Ive sat in and watched every band, and it was well worth it!

10. em_d

em_d Member

Herefordshire Youth Concert Band got Highly Commended!!! First ever time at this competition and we were all really chuffed.

11. tim

tim Member

in the schools section smithills gained the outstanding performance award with egglescliffe taking the highly commended :D

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ROCHDALE
    festival
    everyone
    achievement
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

hehe more suprises :roll:
    :)
    well done smithills and egglescliffe

14. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Good to hear! Well done to all the winners from every section.