National Festival of Music for Youth

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by COOL CORNET CAVE, Jul 10, 2008.

1. COOL CORNET CAVE

COOL CORNET CAVE New Member

were are the results

?????

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Youth.
    National Festival of Music
    results
    Youth
  3. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Fantastic day and all the bands played extremely well and provided a superb variety within their programmes. Extremely proud of my son (not surprisingly) - Forest of Dean Area Youth Brass Band only started up this year and to get through to play at the Symphony Hall was a hell of an achievement.

From the afternoon session (Music Centre) the bands were:
    - Bolton Youth Brass Band
    - Youth Brass 2000
    - Forest of Dean Area Youth Brass Band
    - Rochdale Borough Youth Band
    - North East Hampshire Area Schools Band
    - Sellers International Youth Band
    - Wrexham Schools' Brass Band
    - Southampton Youth Brass Band
    - Aylesbury Music Centre Brass Band

Michael Golding from Rochdale received a special award for his composition - Fieldhouse

Awards for Rochdale and Youth Brass 2000 (please correct me if I've got this wrong :) )

Well done all.

4. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

New thread needed?!

Think this needs a new thread! The last 2 posters are referring to the National Festival of Music for Youth, of which the brass band day was held on Thursday in Symphony Hall, Birmingham and not the National Youth Championships, held in April at the RNCM.

Yes it was an excellent day (as always) and great for so many youth bands to perform in such a fantastic venue.

From what I picked up, the awards were:

Schools section- Outstanding Performance- Smithills, Highly Commended - Fred Longworth
    Music Centres - Outstanding Performance - Youth Brass 2000, Highly Commended - Rochdale Borough (well done from me to Sellers Youth on an excellent performance too)
    Open - 2 outstanding performances - Greater Gwent and Northamptonshire County