National Eisteddfod of Wales - Bala 1st & 2nd August - Live on TV

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by dyl, Jul 31, 2009.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

As ever, there will be live coverage of the Eisteddfod - both on digital tv and on-line.

This year's brass band contest takes place this weekend (1st & 2nd August) and can be viewed on S4C (Sky channel 104 in Wales, 134 outside Wales). Naturally the coverage is in Welsh, but all sections are usually broadcast in full.

Web coverage will be available here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/eisteddfod/2009/ under the 'watch and listen' link, if not, then it'll definitely be on the Welsh language version of the same page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cymru/eisteddfod/2009/safle/amserlen/amserlen_we.shtml

Contest times are as follows:

Saturday:
    09:30 - Fourth Section
    11:45 - Third Section
    13:05 - Second Section

Sunday:
    11:45- Championship/First Section

All sections must play an own-choice programme (marked for music only - not entertainment) - the time limit for Saturday's contests are 15 minutes per band, whilst Sunday's contest has a limit of 20 minutes per band.

Adjudicators are Roy Roe & Chris Wormald

I know for a fact there are 3 bands in the 2nd section! ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Good Luck to all competing in Bala...bringing back memories of 1997 when the competition was last in Bala...

3. stopher

stopher Member

Think its 3 bands in Section 3 and 6 in Section 4. No sure about top Section as i've heard different things - anything from 3 to 6 bands!

Good luck to all bands competing this weekend.

Nick,

Memories of Bala 97 - have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQEWAc3aNoM

4. Griffis

Griffis Member

Hi mate, according to the printed programme there are 5 bands entered, listed as Beaumaris, Pontardulais, St Athan, Tredegar and Wrexham...not sure if all 5 will turn up though, I know 3 bands definately going, and the other two probably will aswel!

Cheers pal!

I look very young, and whats scary, I look skinny...must have been before kebabs found their way to north wales lol!!

5. fattyfattybumbum

fattyfattybumbum New Member

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  6. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Just caught the end of Menai Bridge. Well jungled!

7. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Deiniolen: well played- good programme and nicely executed. Good soloist too.

8. fattyfattybumbum

What time is the Championship section start :confused:

9. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

It's tomorrow....see Dyl's first post ;)

10. fattyfattybumbum

Oh I........wakey wakey!! Time to go out now and get some fresh me thinks!! ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    National Eisteddfod of Wales - Bala 1st & 2nd August
    Vivat Regina
  12. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Just watched Gareth Ritter conducting his band... not sure which band it was though. very nice it was too... great job Gareth.

13. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Who's playing in the Champ/1st section tomorrow?

14. stopher

stopher Member

15. ilovespheres

ilovespheres Member

A huge congratulations to Deiniolen, loved every second of our performance - Well done Deiniolen!!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  16. cornetto_1

cornetto_1 New Member

it was city of cardiff

17. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks Daniel - really enjoyed that today. Good to be on the winning side again. and a huge boost for the band.

18. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Aye, it wasn't bad ;)

19. dyl

dyl Active Member

Awww. Should've tuned in earlier - you'd have seen the winning band then! ;)

20. JamesVoros

JamesVoros New Member

Well don Dyl. That Sparke one was immense. Listened to the drum fill bit several times over. That horn player was a bit dodgy though..... ;-)

21. dyl

dyl Active Member

Nah! Horns were good! ;)

Thanks James - that's a cracking piece by Mr. Sparke - we've really enjoyed working on it this week.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    National Eisteddfod of Wales - Bala 1st & 2nd August
    Vivat Regina