National Eisteddfod in Wrexham

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by back beat, Jun 22, 2011.

1. back beat

back beat Member

Looking forward to the trip North for this years contest. Who's going this year?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wrexham
    North
    National Eisteddfod
    trip North
    Wrexham Looking
  3. baritoneosh

baritoneosh Member

Deiniolen will be there. Looking forward, and nice to have the Eisteddfod up North!

4. It should be in mid Wales somewhere. Its an absolute disgrace to expect bands from the south to travel so far!! :wink::wink:

5. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Stick it in the Brangwyn.

6. Euph1888

Euph1888 New Member

Eisteddfod goes every other year in location - now what a good idea that is!!!!!!, wonder which bright spark thought of that - A fair system that supports the whole of Wales - shame somebody else didn't think it

7. your not causing trouble are you Alyn? ;)

8. Absolutely. Stop it Al!!

9. stopher

stopher Member

Menai Bridge will be there.

Am looking forward to travelling such a short distance for a National contest. I mean no overnight stay, no 5 hours+ on a bus, getting travel expenses, a room to warm up in, disabled access, a reasonable distance to the bar and lots of other stuff to see and do.

Will be a shock for a lot of north wales bands not having to put up with the above

10. boiband

boiband New Member

Two of the City of Cardiff (Melingriffith) Bands will be there - M1 and M2.

11. its is a great contest, its just a shame about it being bang in the niddle of the summer holidays! i know a lot of bandsmen and women will probably sunning themselves elsewhere :cool: im guessing there will be a lot of deps needed for the participating bands?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wrexham
    North
    National Eisteddfod
    trip North
    Wrexham Looking
  13. baritoneosh

baritoneosh Member

I don't think that summer holidays can be used as an excuse. the Eisteddfod is on at the same time every year. And how can some bands go there every year, and have it in their calendar for every other year?

It is also a televised event which is fantastic to promote brass bands. It's one of the very little entertainment contests in the banding calendar in Wales as well - instead of playing test pieces all the time!

Loking forward to it anyway.

14. Roof

Roof New Member

I am hoping to get to the Eisteddfod by using the local transport, what a blissful day to play a contest so close to home :) Looking forward to it! See you in the bar folks :)

15. jrshimmon

jrshimmon Member

I shall not be there in person as it is a bit far. But I will be recording it off S4C (the only program I ever watch on S4C) and will have loads of fun guessing what the bands will play next.

Good look to all the participants.

16. BurgerBoy

BurgerBoy Member

Wrexham Brass are going, and I am coming out of retirement for the day! Well, not JUST the day. Rehearsals as well!

There was some doubt about them going, I believe, after a certain adjudicator was announced, but I believe they made the right decision.

I Can't Wait!!!!!!!

17. i appreciate that, but theres no denying that it is in the summer hols, and people do tend to go away with there kids etc.... especially if you have teachers in the band. still is a great contest though, i shall be watching it on t.v. Good luck to all competing bands :)

18. Rustonw

Rustonw Member

Never mind watching, I need a drummer! can you give me a ring?
    Wayne

19. back beat

back beat Member

Absolutely! It's good news that Wrexham are playing, although I can understand that it must have been a difficult decision to have to play in front of Mr Buckley again. At least this time there are 2 other adjudicators and a live TV audience.
    What about your Conductor, is he also doing it?

20. rebecca

rebecca Member

Llanrug will be there! :)

21. make sure you get your make up right for the cameras bex ;)

22. rebecca

rebecca Member

Cheek! Don't forget your make up too Mattie! You'll be needing it, lol! :p