National Concert Band Festival

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by sugarandspice, Nov 29, 2004.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Has anyone on here taken part?

Went to chepstow with carrick wind orchestra yesterday-our first ever apperance at the festival and we were awarded a gold award!! :) it was amaizing, a really good day and a great result!
  2. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Hi Kelly. Great to hear that Carrick are still doing well (must have been getting rid of that dodgy Tuba player that did it for you!! :p) I hope to come along to the Northern next year and hear you all play.
  3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

It was a really good day!! I had a lot of fun! Fantastic result too!! :D

YAY! GOLD!!! :D :D :D

Kelly - HELLOOO by the way!! :lol:
  4. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

"how are you? i'm from scotland by the way!"- my boys are great arent they?!

thanks iain- your right, it probably was the tuba player that did it! hee hee :) nah-we like all tuba players at the mo- miles had the bus giving me a round of applause on the way home :) (obvioulsy because im so amazing!)
    have you any idea when manchester is going to be? fingers crossed its not going to be the same weekend as the regionals!
  5. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

I was supporting the Loughborough Students' Concert Band at the Cleckheaton Contest. They got a Silver which is am improvement on the last two years, but not quite the ticket to Manchester. :(
    Unfortunately, I missed the social afterwards, and from the photos, it looked like they had a bit of a wild time!!
  6. bassinthebathroom

This year's festival was held between the 26th and 28th of March. If the same weekend is used, then it will be 25th - 27th March, which, happily, doesn't clash with any of the regional championships :D
  7. picju96

picju96 Member

I have done it twice with University of Warwick Wind Orchestra. We got a silver this year, but have been to the final before.
  8. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Yes I played at Chepstow many times with the Worcestershire Youth Wind Orchestra. Don't think we've done too badly over the years there...(I personally got 6 golds and a silver). Never liked the hall we played in though.
  9. snapey

snapey New Member

Sounds familiar! Congratulations to WYWO who got gold again this year.
  10. Highams

Highams Member

Played a few years ago with the New River Winds from London at the Harrow Arts Centre, got a silver award if I remember correctly.

My current band, Buckinghamshire Symphonic Winds have had gold awards, that's before I joined.

Played the Horovitz Euphonium Concerto (manuscript arrangement) with New River Winds at the Canterbury Festival and have just written a euphonium article for the December 'Winds' issue, look out for it.
  11. i went to the north west one with skool , last weekend and we got a silver ,
    dunno if tht gets us throught tho as there were only 2 other bands in our sections both of who didnt get silver or gold
  12. bassinthebathroom

Apparently, the date for the RNCM Finals has now been confirmed as the weekend of the 11th/12th/13th March 2005. These dates clash with the Scottish, North West, Midlands, Welsh and West of England areas...... :-(
  13. well even if we get through our school wont be going , cause nearly all the brass players play for a band in the north west and will be going to the areas
  14. Ginge

Ginge Member

Well done Kelly and Liz!
    But what are you going to do in March if the area and the finals fall on the same day???
  15. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Really ???????