National Championships Qualifiers - Fourth Section

Discussion in '2009 National Championships of Great Britain' started by Di, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Di

Di Active Member

[​IMG]

Results courtesy www.4barsrest.com

2. Congratulations to all the qualifiers, but shouldn't Fairfield(Buxton) who were 3rd in The Midlands and Test Valley who were 3rd in the West be on this list?

I'm looking forward to my first trip to Harrogate and to listening to all twenty(?) Bands. Seven of us will be renewing our rivalry from Butlins 2008 - so that's the first form guide. Are there any others?

3. Di

Di Active Member

Woops, sorry. My mistake, now corrected. :redface: Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

4. LynneW

LynneW Member

Jubilee Brass shouldn't be on the list as only 2 qualified from Stevenage

5. Di

Di Active Member

I did wonder about this as only 16 bands played, but following the results, 4br printed that 3 bands qualify so I added them. Since then, they have also put them on their list of bands qualifying. Hmmness.

6. Digger

Digger Member

The Kapitol website (http://nationalbrassbandchampionships.com) lists only the top 2 from L&SC as competing at Harrogate.

7. Di

Di Active Member

Aye, I checked this yesterday and they were removed from the list. ;):tup

8. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

9. ..JB..

..JB.. New Member

has anyone played the new test peice yet?

10. kierendinno

kierendinno Member

Yes we've had a bit of a look at it and I quite like it!! Can't wait to get stuck in!!

11. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Am looking forward to seeing the piece and playing (with Maltby MWB) on the day. Best of luck to Dronfield CMW. Even though they're a different area officially they're also local to me.

12. Can't wait for this contest next week. I'm not too sure whether I like the piece or not though.

It's a real killer on the lips for front row cornets isn't it?

13. les

les Member

Good luck to all northwest representatives for the finals. Just over a week left and a few more rehearsals....then we can all enjoy the social side of banding for the rest of the week end :) Looking forward to catching up with friends from different areas and faces I have not seen for a long while!

14. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

and the same to you and Maltby - interesting to note how many KSB players are playing for either Maltby or Dronfield - me thinks we ought to take up this contesting like. Oh we already have, 3 players at Maltby and 6 at Dronfield.

15. animal77

animal77 New Member

And ex-helper-outers - I played euph with you for a summer few years ago. Will be playing Eb with Rivington and Adlington this weekend. Hope to meet up for a pint with Francis/Rob/anyone else who was in Killamarsh in 2005!

Cheers
    Chris

16. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Good luck to all of the West of England bands :)

17. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Good luck to all fourth section bands competing at Harrogate on Saturday. Especially looking forward to seeing local friends and rivals from Maltby, Thurcroft and Whitwell. Here's to a great weekend - I might even have three pints!

18. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I love how some of the bands have been brave enough to reveal their true feelings about Alta Vista on 4barsrest.
    Especially Maltby Miners Welfare - :cool:
    See you all up there on Saturday - good luck to everyone!

19. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi Chris - would be great to meet up for a pint - will look out for you. We are staying in the Majestic Hotel Friday and Sat night so plenty of time to catch up.

Oh I see we are competing in the same section too.

20. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

GO DRONFIELD!!!!!!!!

well done to the lads and lasses on their second place, and to the man in the middle John Davis - you'll never meet a nicer bloke!

oh, and well done to Fairfield buxton as well, know a couple of the peeps - nice to see the Midlands bands doing well :)

Of course well done to ALL those who qualified for the Finals!!