National Championships Qualifiers - First Section

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Di

Di Active Member

2. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

I would have put money on John O'Gaunt personally, but Triumphant Rhapsody seems like a good test for the bands IMO.

Discuss... :eek:)
  3. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

I'll never take notice of a posh guy in a Swansea chip shop again, never mind how nice his suit is....:-?
  4. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

He's not that posh and his suit has got a bit tattered over the last few months.
  5. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Until the evening of 27/09/09 Triumphant Rhapsody will absolutely be my favouritest piece in the whole world of all time forever and a day until the cows come home in the fullness of time taking all things into account in the round. After that.....
  6. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Furthermore, I would like to dedicate my efforts on TR to my long-suffering wife, Pam, who will be sitting out our 28th wedding anniversary (26/09/09) listening to us rehearsing said favouritest piece....Should I treat her to a kebab?
  7. good god, you boys from the south know how to treat your women!!;)
  8. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Pure Class Butt, like...:D
  9. Foxbummer

Foxbummer New Member

interesting that all the bands qualified playing a modern type peice.. now we have to play a 40 odd year old peice.. think interpretation will the key

i've not even heard of the peice... what's it like?
  10. Rambo

Rambo Member

it starts abit like this :-

dooo da dee daa dumdedum de dum de dooooo
    then a bit of
    rum te tiddly dum de doo de dum de diddly de

cant remember the rest!:-?;):D
  11. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Like a modern piece, written forty years ago! (Except it is a pleasure to play and listen to!):wink:
  12. total class!! theres no denying it:) can i get my tie back at harrogate? ha ha
  13. Mrs Horn

Mrs Horn Member

It's very quiet on here considering the First Section finals are a week tomorrow :eek:

Well, that's me subbed then :biggrin:

Triumphant Rhapsody is one of my favourite all time pieces to play and listen to so I will be sitting in the audience with pen and paper preparing "an adjudication according to Mrs Horn" :tongue:

Good Luck everyone :)
  14. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

We're all busy practising or looking for dodgy ties...
  15. Mrs Horn

Mrs Horn Member

Practising since June??? :biggrin:

If you want some really dodgy ties, try mustard coloured :tongue:
  16. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Just found our liberated Point tie which, unfortunately, is now bike chain coloured. Never mind, at least it shows Morgan is taking better care of his transmission nowadays...I'll try some Vanish on it Shed...
  17. i lost a dodgy tie and found another one in march.......................;)
  18. alyn my old mate, you can keep it! ive bit the bullet and been shopping for another at tesco! its probably had worse substances than oil on it!:rolleyes:
  19. theres nothing to say is there really? cant moan about the piece like we did about pentacle............... bit less for us perc players to do in this one................i may even have a shandy on saturday night :guinessapart from the overpriced food and beer, the **** acoustic and total lack of atmosphere in harrogate theres nothing to winge about! good luck to all competing. see you there
  20. KKKKatie

KKKKatie Member

especially Point!!