National Championships of Great Britain - Qualifying Bands - Third Section

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Di

Di Active Member

National Brass Band Championships

Saturday 29th September, 2007

International Conference Centre, Harrogate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Excellent, we're playing on the saturday! I do hope we'll be staying sat night for a beer or two!

3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Hope you will be up there Saturday night, you can buy your favourite Norfolk based players a drink!

4. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

oh yes, we are Caroline!!!!

5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

and a £34 Pizza!

:biggrin:

6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Perfect - I'll start saving my beer and pizza money, although Chunky I'm pretty sure it's your round....

7. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ach Ive just found out we've a band practice at 7:30am on the Sat morning, no long lie, booo!

8. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I cant wait! We've been weighing up accomodation etc tonight. So looking forward to it!!!!!

9. andyp

andyp Active Member

Anyone know when the test pieces will be announced?

hehe...band weekend away on my birthday :woo

10. Di

Di Active Member

Usually around the end of May/beginning of June. IIRC, in the last few years the announcement has been made in the last Bandsman of May.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    BOGIES
    Section
    National Championships of Great Britain - Qualifying Bands
    fantastic game
  12. bbg

bbg Member

Only 6 months to go folks.......our excellent chairman (£5 on Sunday will do fine for that!) has got our hotel all booked, travel down Fri evening, staying over Saturday then up the road Sunday to arrive home just in time for band practice (only joking about the last bit - I hope!).

13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Can I just point out that the £34 pizza was only down to one member of our band. Your comments are casting a slur over all of us other Cawston members Roger :wink:

Caroline with you being a student its always somebody elses round! :biggrin:

14. Di

Di Active Member

That's nothing. What about the £40 cocktail. Wasn't that a certain member of the Cawston clan too? ;):tongue:

15. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Ok guilty as charged our generousity knows no bounds! :wink:

16. stopher

stopher Member

Should be a busy weekend as I'm wagging in the 3rd and playing in the 2nd!

Just found out that the contest sec wants to do Harrogate and back in a day because of the finances. Don;t think he realises that its at least 3 hours from Anglesey and we are the first section on that weekend!

17. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Your lucky! We're having to get 20 of the band's members a whole day off school so we can leave on friday morning, and then we'll not get back home till sunday night, it'll probably take about 9/10hrs to get to Harrogate from Campbeltown!!

18. stopher

stopher Member

Know roughly how you feel - we HAVE to travel 5 1/2 hours for the area each way! We had to do it for Torquay and then I did it the following year in Dundee!

19. Di

Di Active Member

The adjudicators have been announced for the National Finals as:

Alan Hope & Lt Col. Chris Davis OBE

http://www.kapitol.co.uk/

20. Keith

Keith Member

Hello Mr Williams,

Remember me, we shared a 'few' pints in thte black horse in our time at Salford. You and me will be locking horns against eachother in the 3rd section!! It will be good to see you mate!

Keith (goodbye to love) Schroeter

21. stopher

stopher Member

Aaah, Mr Scrot.... Schroeter!

How could I forget Keith of Goodbye to Love fame, the person who managed to scare the whales off in Nova Scotia by puking all the way on the whale watching trip!

Good to hear from you, no doubt will share a few more pints in Harrogate (not too many as I'm playing on the Sunday!)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    BOGIES
    Section
    National Championships of Great Britain - Qualifying Bands
    fantastic game