National Championships of Great Britain - 2010 - Qualifying Bands - Champ Section

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Di

Di Active Member

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Paul Kiernan & Clackmannan will be chuffed knowing they have qualified for London! :rolleyes:
  3. Statto

Statto Member

4. Di

Di Active Member

Ooops sorry. All put right now. :oops: Refresh may be needed to see new image.
  5. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

So what're we playin then?
  6. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Terra Australis by Martin Ellerby
  7. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Where is this announced Philip? And are the other sections known yet? Looked on the Kapitol site and nothing is there.
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Well, at least it has a tune or two that will be whistled.
  9. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

It's in this month's BBW

1st Section Diversions on a Bass Theme (Lloyd)
    2nd Section Psalms and Alleluias (Wilby)
    3rd Section Willow Pattern (Harper)
    4th Section A Royal Mile Suite (Fernie)
  10. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

11. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

12. Martin

Martin Member

Thank you! :)
  13. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

14. Mr_Euniverse

Mr_Euniverse Member

:clap: I like Ellerby....

Anyone know much about this one? Apart from written with/for David King (who is conducting B&R :confused:)

Is it nice? Loud? Tuneful? Feature soloists? or not......?
  15. Kjata

Kjata Member

Written for YBS and King for their tour to australia!
    I only played it once, but it's ****** difficult, for sop especially, starts on a top C and get's higher and higher, but that's what you get when it was written with Peter Roberts in mind! From what I remember it's a real tour de force technical showcase, lots of semi-quavers!
    Good luck with it though! :eek::eek::eek:
  16. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Well that's it then.... he's got a head start so they're bound to win....wonder if their top end's gonna use those cheese discs for the senza mute bits....:)
  17. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

Not sure it will have been written with Pete in mind (although I can't be certain) as he left just before I did, a year before they went to Australia...

18. Kjata

Kjata Member

The only reason I came to that assumption is because how high the piece is! Mabye not though..
    What do you think of it?
  19. Gavin

Gavin Supporting Member

Fair enough! I've not played it yet, but I do like his other works so should be a good 'un
  20. Hove Edge

Hove Edge Member

Gavin you are correct it was not written for super sop....he had left the band when it was written.
    To me it was a good extended concert piece which is why it was requested. I feel a little let down, it is not in the same company as the 1st section piece.

However we all have to play it but I warn everyone, its no Tristan Encounters!!!