National Band of New Zealand, London, 28/6/05

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by PeterBale, Jun 1, 2005.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The Salvation Army, Regent Hall, Oxford Street

present

The National Band of New Zealand

in concert

supported by

Regent Hall Band

Tuesday 28th June, 7.45 pm

Tickets £5 (unreserved)

The band is only doing a couple of concerts in connection with it's participation in the World Championships at Kerkrade, so it is a rare opportunity to be able to hear them. When the National Youth Brass Band of New Zealand played here a couple of years back the audience was woefully small, so let's hope we can put up a better showing this time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    opportunity
    Band
    New Zealand
    COLOR
    SIZE
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Two days later, they will be playing in Peer (North-East Belgium), about 10 miles from my home village :) I'm certainly looking forward to it...! (as well as to going to see the band in Kerkrade of course!)

4. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Could well be tempted - any idea of programme content?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2005
  5. ted

ted Member

Could be tempted??

This is no ordinary band! They are definitely the favourites to take out the World Championship title. With players like Riki McDonnell, John Lewis and David Bremner it's certainly worth the effort to check them out.

ted

6. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

ok ok

youve convinced me!

7. Jan H

More info on the tour here: http://www.brassnz.co.nz/natbandschedule.htm

I suspect they will at least be playing their Kerkrade program, including the new Wilby piece and the two commisioned pieces for the own choice program.

Also there is some kind of Maori cultural group travelling allong with them, and they will also be involved in the show, I read.

8. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Many thanks for the information

Ian

9. PeterBale

Although the web-site itinerary gives the start time as 8pm the tickets definitely say 7.30 ;)

10. Jan H

:( we've got an extra rehearsal on thursday 30th, so I can't go to see them :(

But I'm still going to the contest in Kerkrade, so I'll see the band there...

11. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

You should get along to see them. Simon has arranged a piece for the Maori group and the band to perform together. Should be really good!

AK

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    opportunity
    Band
    New Zealand
    COLOR
    SIZE
  13. Jan H

Will they play that piece for the contest as well, or only at the concerts?

14. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I'm not 100% sure about that. I will check with one of the members.

Ta

Alex

15. PeterBale

Following an advert in this week's Salvationist, I rang Regent Hall to confirm the starting time, which is definitely 7.45pm. I've amended the initial post and changed the telephone number to that in the advert. Apparently they've done a fair bit of publicity this time, including London's New Zealand community, so they're hoping for a reasonable turnout. As there seem to have been a few problems with the tour, both financially and organisationally, let's hope London can do them proud ;)