Napoli- Solo with Band Parts

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Seedhouse, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Didn't know which forum to put this in, but anyway.

I'm looking to buy Napoli- the cornet/ euph solo with brass band parts.
    Does anyone know where to get it online/ who supplies it/ how much it costs?
    I'm looking for the cheapest deal really! :oops: :roll:
    Please help!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Napoli
    Band Parts
    solo
    euph
    deal
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

just music

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Just Music list 3 versions in their catalogue; arrangements by Brand, Owenson and Muscroft.
    They are priced at £16.50, £18.50 and £16.80 respectively.
    www.justmusicuk.com

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Moved to Rehearsal Room, PB, Mod

6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I've done the Brand and the Owenson and would stronly recommend you not to go for the cheapest option! Fred Muscroft's arrangement is probably very sound - all his work that I've seen has been very good.

D

7. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Which is the best- in your opinion?

8. Highams

Highams Member

9. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

That's what I was trying to say! The Owenson is fine and I can't believe that Fred Muscroft would turn out anything less then very good. Valvecap may have seen this version...

D

10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol!
    K,
    A) why not the Brand arrangement? (just so I know)
    B) which one should I buy then- the Muscroft or Owenson?
    Votes please! :roll: :wink:

11. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Slightly off topic here, but has anyone attempted the Wynton Marsalis version. Personal preference would be the Brand version though

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Napoli
    Band Parts
    solo
    euph
    deal
  13. tim

tim Member

Dave thornton has arranged an abosolutely fantastic version... extremely virtuosic though it souded like it must be hard but he made it sound so so easy! If your looking for a version to perform I would go for the advice of other people here as this is the only version I have heard apart from just the melody.

However if you are looking for one to spend a while on even if you aren't going to perform it I would stongly recomend you try and get in touch with Dave. Your best bet for that would probably be via his site http://www.davidthornton.eu.com/index1.html

14. snapey

snapey New Member

The Wynton Marsalis version is brilliant but I don't know if there is a brass band accompaniment, I've only heard the wind band version and the book I've got it from only has piano

15. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Freds arrangement is a fine arrangement and is pretty faithful to the military band copies. PM me and i can put you in touch. Freds arrangments are generally all very good - i would recommend them to everyone.

16. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I have emailed David Thornton about his arrangement of Napoli, so I will await his reply, if people don't mind, before looking towards the other arrangements.
    Thank you all for your help, and I will get in contact with you Valvecap, if I cannot get hold of David's arrangement.
    Thanks again,
    Alex

17. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Got a reply from David Thornton this morning (who I'd like to thank for replying so soon!)
    For those that are interested (not sure if I should be copying this, but thought some would like to know about the hidden track on his new CD)

So i'm now going to order the Owensen arrangment from Just Music,
    Cheers for your help guys, (and also to David)
    Alex