NaomiMusic Publishing Returns...

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Naomi McFadyen, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Well, my music returns to the naomimusic.org site...
    I've started putting up scorch files of all my brass band pieces for you to view and hear...
    This is following a couple of requests from abroad...

Happy browsing! and hope you enjoy...

www.naomimusic.org and follow the links! :biggrin:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    NaomiMusic Publishing Returns
    brass band pieces
    Happy browsing
    couple of requests
    scorch files
  3. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Best of luck with your venture! :)

5. Naomi McFadyen

Cheers Tom :)

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You've worked really hard and deserve some results! Nice looking, easy to navigate, site as well! Maybe you should add some percussion performance tips as well to the writing side of it! Googlers may hit your site more often than you might appreciate. :clap:

7. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: Thanks mate!

Yea I'll try get some Percussiony tips n things done... nice idea!
    Cheers again ;)

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... but not too many ... you still have to earn $$$ teaching!

(p.s., I never seem to find any links to percussion sites showing standard notation for UK use!)

9. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: true.... ;-)

Maybe I'll be the first to show UK notation.... although I'd have liked to have thought they'd have been similar...

*site update* Child of the Revolution should work now... wasn't working yesterday... :biggrin:

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

11. Naomi McFadyen

Just done.... although I find that google bots do tend to find their way to my site.

Cheers! :biggrin:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    NaomiMusic Publishing Returns
    brass band pieces
    Happy browsing
    couple of requests
    scorch files
  13. Naomi McFadyen

A short arrangement of Greensleeves has been added this morning :biggrin:

14. Naomi McFadyen

Backbeating - percussion 4tet just added ;-)

15. Naomi McFadyen

Well, recently a new shop was added to the NaomiMusic site... so if you haven't been on the site recently then I advise you take a look!

New release put on this morning called "Hear the Music"... a concert item suitable for any section... An MP3 of this is now available to download free of charge so you can hear it.
    Scorch files of the other pieces are available to view and listen to on the site...

Simply visit www.naomimusic.org and follow the links!

Thank you :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  16. Hey, Naomi:

I'm glad you're back in the land of Scorch! I love Scorch. Get to hear loads of music that way. Not too many CDs make it out this way, and it's so expensive to order them. Of course it's not nearly the same as hearing a real band. (Sighs)...If I only had the luxury!

Percussion tips is a great idea. I may have to add some articles to my site, as well.

Take care,
    Aaron

17. Naomi McFadyen

Hi there Aaron,
    Thanks for the comments...
    The scorch files never went anywhere..... :p however, they'll all be replaced with MP3s soon enough or later... and hopefully live band recordings eventually....
    I'm not a keen scorch fan to be honest, due to the weakness they hold...

The articles should be up over summer when I get a chance to write them :)

Cheers!

Nao

18. Oh, I found them, now! They're a little hard to find, just a small link at the bottom of the purchase page. You should Hyperlink the title, or something to make it easier to find. Of course, I could have just not been paying very close attention, but a lot of your customers may be the same way.

I love Scorch. The weeknesses of Scorch are the weaknesses of MIDI (and the fact that not everyone has great soundcards). Also, first-time visitors have to go get the download if they don't have it, which is kind of a pain. But I love the fact that you can see the music while the MIDI demo is being played. It's the written music more than a poor MIDI demo that show the real craft (or lack thereof) of how a piece is put together. I would imagine that any potential buyer will want to look at the printed music (like leafing through a score in the music store) before they buy it. Especially if they've never heard of the piece before, which in my case is a certainty.

Aaron

19. Naomi McFadyen

Reply to this has been done by PM.

20. Naomi McFadyen

... the website has had a bit of a make-over ;-) check it out!

NaomiMusic is also accepting submissions... so if you're interested in getting some music published then check out the site for more details!

www.naomimusic.org

Many thanks :)

21. Naomi McFadyen

New arrangement now avaliable from NaomiMusic.

"God Bless the Child" by Arthur Herzog Jr and Billie Holiday, arr. Naomi R. Cornish...
    £20.00 to buy and MP3 avaliable to download on the site, for free!

More new music coming soon to NaomiMusic... watch this space ;)

:biggrin: Many thanks

22. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Have been browsing your catalogue on your site Naomi, some excellent works there, I love what you're doing! Keep it up.