Name change for Norfolk Wherry Brass?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by The Wherryman, Dec 18, 2009.

1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Not on your Nellie!!!

For those of you who have read the coverage in the Eastern Daily Press of their very own EDP Festival of Carols, which was held in St Andrew's Hall, Norwich last Wednesday night, I can assure you that Norfolk Wherry Brass, who have been the band-in-residence for the last three of these annual charity concerts, have NOT changed their name to Norwich Wherry Brass :rolleyes:.

Norwich Wherry Brass does not exist - just ask Google!!! :tup

2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

What bunch of lieing fibbing idiots the press are!!

3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Ooooh...lighten up, Stella. It was probably typed up by some youngster on a Job Experience placement on next-to-nothing per week, who doesn't know a cornet from a cornetto.

I have no axe to grind with the EDP. I simply wanted to make the point that it was we, Norfolk Wherry Brass, who had played and that we hadn't changed our name.

To give them their due, the Eastern Daily Press has been promoting these concerts for many years in aid of the EDP We Care Appeal, which was set up to support Norfolk's unpaid carers. The total raised so far is close to £1,000,000. The concerts are a sell-out every year.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Geoff, Joking darling. :D Well done on raising so much for charity and promoting your concerts. Something we are doing and is successful:tup