Nadal v. Federer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by emziesonic, Jul 6, 2008.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Fantastic match, started off rooting for Rog but in the end was so pleased for Rafa, what a battle!
  2. Flugelgeoff

Flugelgeoff Member

Great!! and aren't they gracious in defeat. Could we all learn from this?
  3. steve butler

PS Great day of sport today, Lewis Hamilton was awesome :tup
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Wow!!! What a final!! That's the best one I've watched by a mile. (I should add that 3 sets of it took place while I was at Brighouse today, the forth I listened to most of in the car, and the fifth I watched at home so I didn't actually see that much of it, but what I did was awesome)
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Active Member

Seconded. An awesome display of athleticism, technique and sheer guts from both players. I wanted Federer to win and he nearly did it, but you've got to admire Nadal's absolute refusal to be beaten.

I've watched quite a lot of Wimbledon finals, never seen one that good. :clap:
  6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Just keep your eye out on the tennis forums - I'm sure they'd crop up saying the Umpire was biased ;)
  7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- so that's where you've been all day ... :rolleyes: (I bet the line-judges got slagged for their calls as well).
  8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Nope - working here, old bean....sorting out a shopping list for some sync to picture for a DVD.

I have to admit I did skip off to watch the last bit of the final set (must remember to scratch that bit off the bill ;) )
  9. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Well a Bryn was always going to win, quite funny that they had 2 bryns in the final and also their partners were both beginning with S.

Oops, wrong Final!

Well done Nadal, nice to see someone who looks absolutely shocked to have won.
  10. horn1

horn1 Member

Fantastic match, some awesome tennis played. Well done Nadal!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Good point. I thought the quality of the streaming of the match was also superb.
  12. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I have also heard that the players felt the walk from the dressing rooms to the stage was too far, Also that having to warm up in front of the audience is something they wish to be changed.
  13. steve butler

Also, what do you think of the open adjumpiration?
  14. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

The challenging of calls is a good idea though! Can you imagine, I did not split that note, you cannot be serious!
  15. steve butler

Drinks breaks between movements?
  16. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Would prefer the idea of movement breaks between drinks!
  17. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Only saw it later on on highlights show. Was out for earlier sets and then flatmate got to telly first and put on some rubbish about Peter Andre and Jordan! Tried the live streaming on BBC site but kept cutting out. Looked great from what I saw.
  18. ronaldorx

ronaldorx New Member

They both are good competitor in the tennis game, they both play sop well in this field, in Sunday Nadal beat the Feddere in six time in eight grand slam final, this is such a nice game, they both give good competition in this game.
  19. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

How well? My band is intersted in signing a new sop player, but need to know a little bit more information. PS our rehearsals are Mondays AND Wednesdays. We would not accept them missing both rehearsals if they have other commitments.