NABBA Championships 4/12

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by EIBB_Ray, Apr 7, 2003.

1. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Just for the record...The North American Championships are this coming weekend, in Little Rock Arkansas.

Championship section test piece is Peter Graham's Montage. Only 5 bands competing in Championship this year (guess we have a lock on a better finish than last year's 6th place :wink: ) Grimethorpe is (are?) the Gala Concert entertainment and the Stavanger Band are coming from Norway to compete in Championship section, then a whirl-wind tour (including an Iowa concert sponsored by your's truly's band.)

Good luck to any fellow Nabba-ites who might be lurking about.

That's the news from across the pond for this week.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Ray...

Thanks for this update - we are very interested, please keep us posted especially of how you do. I remember playing Montage several years ago... tough test that piece, should test a few bands eh!

Looking forward to your next update ...

4. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

yes, please do keep us informed, never played montage, but heard it, and i can imagine there are easier pieces to play, but good luck to all involved!!!!!

5. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Well, the EIBB didn't fair so well in competition. We finished 5th (in a field of 5 in Championship division.

As expected Stavnager, under David King's direction, won Championship divison. Brass Band of Central Florida took second.

I'll post a complete set of results soon.

THE MOUTHPIECE IS FIRST WITH NORTH AMERICAN RESULTS!!