NABBA Championships 4/12

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by EIBB_Ray, Apr 7, 2003.

1. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Just for the record...The North American Championships are this coming weekend, in Little Rock Arkansas.

Championship section test piece is Peter Graham's Montage. Only 5 bands competing in Championship this year (guess we have a lock on a better finish than last year's 6th place :wink: ) Grimethorpe is (are?) the Gala Concert entertainment and the Stavanger Band are coming from Norway to compete in Championship section, then a whirl-wind tour (including an Iowa concert sponsored by your's truly's band.)

Good luck to any fellow Nabba-ites who might be lurking about.

That's the news from across the pond for this week.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Ray...

Thanks for this update - we are very interested, please keep us posted especially of how you do. I remember playing Montage several years ago... tough test that piece, should test a few bands eh!

Looking forward to your next update ...
  3. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

yes, please do keep us informed, never played montage, but heard it, and i can imagine there are easier pieces to play, but good luck to all involved!!!!!
  4. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Well, the EIBB didn't fair so well in competition. We finished 5th (in a field of 5 in Championship division.

As expected Stavnager, under David King's direction, won Championship divison. Brass Band of Central Florida took second.

I'll post a complete set of results soon.