N. T. (flippin') L

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, May 21, 2005.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

I get my broadband from NTL via the cable TV box.

Anyone else have the same problem that it randomly shuts down and is really really annoying???:mad:

(also,regarding the TV bit: has a habit of jiggling about one's preset favourites on the telly THEN shuts down.....arghhhhhh!!)
  2. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

There is a fix. As I've not been on NTL for quite a while, I can't remember what it is!
    I think that you have to switch your computer off, then turn the power to the modem off at the mains. Wait a couple of minutes before switching the power back onto the modem, then another couple of minutes before turning your computer back on.

I might be wrong, but it is a long time since i've had to do it!
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

The best fix for NTL I found was to switch to Telewest. NTL are crap from the system to customer services IMHO and I'm glad I got away from them
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I speak as I find... and am with ntl on their 3MB BB service... I have to admit that I am totally happy with them.
  5. rutty

rutty Active Member

NTL have been OK, mostly, but they took a week to fix a fault on our line. It turned out that they'd turned up the gain in anticipation of increasing the bandwidth thus causing the modem to be over-driven. One attenuator later and we were back on line.

They have awful customer service and are a nightmare to get hold of. Still, the service has been relatively reliable.