N. T. (flippin') L

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, May 21, 2005.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

I get my broadband from NTL via the cable TV box.

Anyone else have the same problem that it randomly shuts down and is really really annoying???:mad:

(also,regarding the TV bit: has a habit of jiggling about one's preset favourites on the telly THEN shuts down.....arghhhhhh!!)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    N.T.
    broadband
    Anyone
    favourites
    problem
  3. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

There is a fix. As I've not been on NTL for quite a while, I can't remember what it is!
    I think that you have to switch your computer off, then turn the power to the modem off at the mains. Wait a couple of minutes before switching the power back onto the modem, then another couple of minutes before turning your computer back on.

I might be wrong, but it is a long time since i've had to do it!

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

The best fix for NTL I found was to switch to Telewest. NTL are crap from the system to customer services IMHO and I'm glad I got away from them

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I speak as I find... and am with ntl on their 3MB BB service... I have to admit that I am totally happy with them.

6. rutty

rutty Active Member

NTL have been OK, mostly, but they took a week to fix a fault on our line. It turned out that they'd turned up the gain in anticipation of increasing the bandwidth thus causing the modem to be over-driven. One attenuator later and we were back on line.

They have awful customer service and are a nightmare to get hold of. Still, the service has been relatively reliable.