Mystery to Mastery Master Classes in London, Leeds and Europe

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Greg Spence, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Greg Spence

Greg Spence New Member

Hi all, just a quick note to say Hi and that I am coming over to the UK and Europe for part of a 5 week Mystery to Mastery tour starting May 10th (in Dubai).

Check out www.mysterytomastery.com if you have no idea what I am talking about or click HERE to get further details.

Both sessions are booking well so get in quick if you are interested. European details will be posted in the next few days.

I hope to see you next month. http://mysterytomastery.com/articles/?c=mtm-european-tour-2015

Cheers,
    Greg Spence
    Mystery to Mastery

P.S. I promise cricket won't be mentioned...:clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Europe Hi
    European
    Mastery
    www.mysterytomastery.com
    London
  3. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

I would recommend anyone who hasn't already to check out Greg's website and videos...he has a really interesting take on how to approach brass playing. I'd love to be able to attend the events, but just can't make it.

Best of luck with it, Greg, and don't get too cocky about the cricket...but then, telling an Ozzie not to be cocky about cricket is probably the definition of futility

4. Greg Spence

Greg Spence New Member

Hey thanks DS2014 and if KP makes a return, anything could happen! Shame you can't make the presentation but thanks for passing it along. cheers, Greg

5. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Thanks for the reply, Greg. Whilst I have you, I just wanted to chat about the breathing devices you discuss in your videos (I started a thread some time ago on here about them). I bought the wind-pack from your website, and I have to say that I have so far found the devices very useful. I have only been using the devices regularly for the last four or five weeks (ten minutes at the beginning of each practice session), but, whilst I can't for sure say that I can shift higher volumes of air, or whatever, what I can definitely say is that I am now so much more conscious about breathing every time I bring the cornet to my lips...and I suppose that's the main thing we need. The breathing tunnel and the 'ping-pong balls' device are great for muscle memory, but the re-breathing bag is, in my opinion, the best of the lot. I now realise that it's pretty much impossible to do breathing exercises for any length of time without a re-breathing bag...that is, if you don't want to pass out from dizziness and hyperventilation. Have you come across any other bits of breathing kit that you'd recommend? Or any other practice aids...for that matter?

Regarding KP: I can't see him ever getting back in...first, he needs to score about 1500 runs for Surrey in this summer's county championship, and, second, he needs for the current England nos. 3, 4, and 5 to stop playing so well. There are only two more tests left against the Windies, then two against NZ, and then it's the Ashes....so, not enough time for the current middle order to play poorly enough for long enough to get dropped.

6. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Who needs KP when you have the likes of Messrs Cook and Trott posting nearly 30 runs between them?

7. Greg Spence

Greg Spence New Member

Hey, the Voldyn is the best but expensive so I couldn't buy it for what I wanted to sell it for, hence the triflow. Please you "get" it :)

8. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Cheers, Greg. Will check out the Voldyn.

Indeed, though Cook and Trott have been playing as openers rather than middle-order (which is where KP would be looking to play)...though why they are trying Trott as an opener is anyone's guess (given his recent mental health issues): it is highly unlikely they would send him out to open against the Australians because of the sledging he could expect.

9. Greg Spence

Greg Spence New Member

Sledging, the Aussies don't sledge :) You play a gig here and the whole section says "ya gunna miss it!"