Mystery cornet/trumpet Woman

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Eb master, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Eb master

Eb master Member

Hi all,

My friend ( who is not a bandsman ) told me that on his way to work in Bury , he nearly always sees a woman at the side of the road playing either a cornet or a trumpet and wondered if it was anyone in my band ( which it isnt ).

Who is this mystery woman? Is she a bandsman? She drives a silver Toyota Aygo, on the M66 (near the link 565) and is seen there between 8am - 9am. If you are the or know the person in question, please reply!
  2. andreasop

andreasop New Member

ha ha its me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not really x
  3. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

This is odd... :confused:
  4. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Is it just me or is it not just a wee bit odd to be stood at the junction of the M66 playing at any time of the day? I'm rather intrigued by this. I would love to know more about it.
  5. Eb master

Eb master Member

Same here! If you find anything out then post it here! I can imagine though if this does not get resolved soon i am going to take the morning off work and have a drive over to the spot and ask her in person!
  6. T Winch

T Winch Member

He doesn't say if the woman is stood by the side of the road or sat in the car. If she's sat in the car it's not that unusual. I've heard many accounts of people practising in strange places. I'm sure I heard once that David Daws used to take his cornet to work and practice in his car between calls.
  7. JR

JR Member

...It's Arlene Philipps busking..

8. Nice Horn!

Nice Horn! Member

Perhaps someone should start a new thread on "Where's the most unusual place you've practiced!!!" I'd also like to know who she is so come on someone find out please.
  9. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

I have regularly practiced in the carpark at work. I have to because i cant take it into work and i work long hours. During contest season its the only chance i get to sort out those little tricky bits that need sorting. That said, its in the carpark. Why would someone be at the side of the road, in or out of the car practicing? Very intriguing.
  10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There is one, if someone's got the time to find it ;)
  11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Use your phone cam and get a shot...!!

Interested in this... :)
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Do you mean this thread, Peter?
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Yup, that's the one :clap:
  14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I had to do something to help wake me up this morning, lol! :)
  15. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

our solo horn player practises in the car in traffic jams... I think it was reported on Radio 2 once!
  16. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

We've just had reports of a crazy bint playing a brass instrument in the car?
  17. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Wot's a bint? :oops:
  18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

To give you a clue ... in Monty Python's Holy Grail film, the Lady Of The Lake was described as a moistened one! ;)
  19. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

I don't understand such things - I'm a good girl I am...! ;)
  20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

As long as no-one describes you as a daft bint, you'll be fine! :)