My Xeno arrived!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by imthemaddude, Dec 2, 2005.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

:woo :woo :woo :woo :woo :woo :woo :woo :woo :woo

what more can I say!!
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

What more can you say??

Well what's it like, would be a start. Some people obviously have too much money! :rolleyes:
  3. imthemaddude

hahaha I ordered it the end of September just after the finals and my FIRST wage packet - yay! It's lush. Silver with Gold bell. Seems to be a longer model than the Maestro but that could be the mouthpiece that comes with it. A deep cup DK. One prob though - it doesn't come with a lyre. Other than that can't wait to play it on Sunday.
  4. imthemaddude

1st page of the instruction manual - 'Do no throw or swing the instrument when others are close by. The Mouthpiece or other parts may fall off hitting other people. Always treat the instrument gently.'

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

For that money, I'd want someone from Yamaha to walk along holding the music for me! :D

I'll stick to my 25 year old Sovereign cornet for fun, and my Sovereign Tenor Horn for proper music making. ;)
  6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

YAY!!!!! take it youll be poping along to wem to give us a demo soon then:clap::tongue:
  7. persins

persins Member

I played one that Len Adams (Travada) had at Pontins. It were great!
    Want one but cannot really justify getting it just yet considering I currently have a Maestro and a Cortois which does the job for me at the moment
  8. horn__blower

horn__blower Member

for those of us who are uneducated enough to not really know what the excitment is etc, whats so special about it? and what kind of price you looking at for a brand new one?:confused:
    but cool to have a new cornet that obviously is so exciting 4 ya :)
  9. imthemaddude

1) It's my own and brought with my own cash and 2) I think the highlight has to be it's gold bell - it really does give off a great sound.

Cost is just over £1200
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

11. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Quite a good write-up, although when they had their hands on it, the least they couldve done was take a few photos of it, to give everybody a good view of what theyre talking about, rather than put on these useless pictures thats really got nothing to do with it!!
  12. imthemaddude

I had trouble finding decent pictures too before mine arrived - I'll take some of it tonight and post them If I know how to!
  13. bennem

bennem Member

I've just had my first blow on a Xeno at the Yamaha shop in Tokyo. Have to say I was a bit underwelmed. Nicely made, nice round and warm sound but it still suffered from the elusive A above the stave that my maestro used to have.

What is your impression?
  14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Are the instruments cheaper when you buy them in Japan compered to over here? Might be worth looking for, next time I'll be over there...
    Any idea where I can find addresses of Yamaha shops in Japan? (in Hiroshima perhaps?)
  15. bennem

bennem Member

Surprisingly they are a little more expensive than the UK in the shop I looked at in Tokyo. But this is probably more a reflection on the shop being in Ginza which has the most expensive real estate prices in the world.

Quite an amazing music shop on 6 floors and carrying every type of musical instrument from a mandolin, piano to a BBb base. A huge range of brass french horn, trombone, tuba, euphonium etc. They have trumpets in every key of all model levels plus piccolo plus rotary valve instruments. Well worth a look if you are in Tokyo.

Nice sound proof demo rooms as well.
  16. imthemaddude

Here are some pictures but I have trouble making them the correct size so they might not be very good.

Attached Files:

17. persins

persins Member

My Bandmates other half had a Xeno on trial the other day. She currently owns a Maestro and was interested in the comparison. She had the laquered one rather than the silver with Gold bell but oh well.
    Apparently, they conducted a rigorously scientific comparison test between the Maestro and the Xeno and my mate actually preferred the Maestro sound.
    Don't think I'll be getting one just yet but we'll see!!