My Website of the day....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by WhatSharp?, Nov 25, 2004.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

is...

http://www.bandparenting.net

apologise to all those posters from across the pond, but I found this site a scream! (well the Why, What, Where, When and How bit anyway) is it just me (or my Englishness) or does this seem a tad OTT?

:D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    What
    site
    Why
    OTT
  3. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

For some reason I thought that it was going to offer advice on which section to leave your little angel with when the baby-sitter has let you down!

Still very funny though :D

4. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Great website! The webmaster must have put an awful lot of time in it! Funny to see that they seem to have the same kind of "issues" with contest adjudicators as we do :) -> http://www.bandparenting.net/judge.html :)

For a moment, I thought you were going to start another long lasting, daily thread... ;)

5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Could do but alas I have not the time.. :(

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry, you're already doing a great job with the Happy tMP Day thread...

7. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

No need to apologise (or apologize, as we would spell it over here). The site's very funny, and really quite accurate.

8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

<takes a bow> thank you!

9. groovy

groovy Active Member

Ask yourselves, "How can any pool table ever hope to compete with a gold trombone?"". Band is the answer
    LOL I was also rather amused at the thought of a phalanx of quick-marching sousaphones.

10. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

It may seem like a really good joke, but I think it is serious. I know of parents that have spaced their children four years apart so they could be band parents for 16 years (US high schools - and thus their marching bands - have four years in them)!!

11. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Love the crack about Adolf Sax's invention of the Saxhorn to atone for inventing the Saxaphone...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    What
    site
    Why
    OTT
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Literally crying with laughter:
    "Band parents need to know about tubas. Producing a sound of unparalleled power, grandeur and nobility the tuba is unique among musical instruments in its flexibility and suppleness. The tuba is properly used in all forms of music and is never out of place. The student of orchestration can not go wrong using tubas since it is all but impossible to over use them (under use of tubas is a far more common fault among novice orchestrators). So pleasing is the sound of the tuba that many mediocre scores have been raised to near greatness by the abundant use of tubas in the instrumentation. Effective orchestrators make as much use as possible of the tuba. "Troppo" is an adjective that quite simply does not apply to the tuba."

Memo to self: Must take this to show to basses on Tuesday!
    Astounded Badger
    xx

14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

:eek: "Cornet- What you get when you take the average of a trumpet and a flugelhorn."
    "Fluegelhorns- Soprano tubas." :eek:

BMB
    xx

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  15. andyp

andyp Active Member

Yup. Printed it, sticking it on back wall of band room then retiring a safe distance!

That site is priceless!