My website attempt:watchettownband.co.uk

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Rapier, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

My first attempt at a web site for the band. Check it out and let me know what you think. Positive comments welcomed, other comments will just depress me and make me sulk. :cool:

watchettownband.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Very good, particularly for a first attempt. ;)

Nice and clean, simple layout, easy to navigate. All good things.

My only complaint would be that light characters on a darker background are sometimes difficult to read (for me). If it were me, I would use that for effect and switch around to darker characters on a light background for the majority of the text. But that's a personal preference - nothing really wrong with the way you've done it.

You might also want to consider changing the colors for the links. I found that the default bright blue link color was a little jarring against the red background.

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Nice start, Rapier.

Does the fact that you are skillfully hidden by your tenor horn in the photos have anything to do with your former occupation? :biggrin:

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Yes Will, one should always use good cover, makes you less of a target. ;)

And thanks Brasscrest, I'll think about those points. (Not sure I can change them in the prog I used though.)

5. karen1977

karen1977 New Member

Very good for a first attempt. It's simple, easy to read and easy to navigate. Well done :D

6. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Well done Rapier. Looks like a good bun ch of people you have in your band!! Good luck with your web site!!

7. omega56

omega56 Member

Very good Rapier, at least its not boring and static like our bands, I think ours still has last years engagements still on there !
    good luck
    Ian