My visit to Hub van Laar !!!

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by Flugelfrank, May 24, 2007.

1. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

Last week I went to Huub van Laar, to try his flugelhorns. Is it true what they say about his crafftmanship? Well I wil tell you.................its true !!!!!!
    I tried all the four types of his flugelhorns, and its amazing, how easy to blow with good sound, intonation, and tune. Its good in all registers! And the valves (bauerfeind).....great!
    Saturday I will go again to make my decision which type I want, B2 or B3.
    I just can`t wait !!

http://www.hubvanlaar.nl

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Laar
    Huub van Laar
    flugelhorns
    Hub van Laar
    B3
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

don't forget to show us some pictures when you get the instrument... ;)

4. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

I certainly will !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

So what are you going to do with the Kanstul Custom Class you are playing on at the minute?

6. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

Ian, I leave my kanstul to Hub. I had a great tuning problem with the kanstul. Normaly are kanstul flugels good in tune.I bought my kanstul by another dealer (second hand), and he wouldn`t give any coulance. He must be known that my kanstul wasn`t good but he didn`t told me anything.First I thought its my lipcondition( didn`t blow for two years).But now I know better.When hub heard me playing on my kanstul, he checked my flugel inside and said, its a terrible instrument, there must be something happend with your kanstul. So I went back to my dealer, and he said , I can`t do anything!!! So I will never return to that dealer, even for valve oil:))). That`s the reason I wiil by a new Flugelhorn by Hub van Laar.

Gr frank

7. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

I`ve got him!!!..":)))

Yes finally I`ve got him my new flugel!!After 3 years Yamaha, 12 years a strad, and a few weeks kanstul.....a Hub van laar B2.I hope Hub will come quickly to the UK , so you can share the nice playing off this instrument. Next week Hub is at the ITG Conference in America, so if you be able to get there try them.

8. Flugelfrank

Flugelfrank Member

As promissed, here it is !!!!

on my avatar and here ,

hub 50%.JPG

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member