My Poorly Cornet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by meandmycornet, Sep 26, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: I've got a Dint in my cornet :(:(

Aftera very unfortunate incident at the end of church parade yesterday

(basically it started to rain very hard when we'd got back to the square and were playing the end of The Middy so Gilbert ushered us all into the pannier market, and I tripped up the kerb (is was a wonky bit on a vechile access point) as I was paying sole attention too my music (we were still playing) and went flying across the pavement :(:( landing on my cornet and injuring my foot in the process :cry: :cry: )

my beautiful cornet is no longer so beautiful :cry: :cry: its has a dint (all be it tiny) on the bottom of the tuning slide and a couple of little scratches on the leadpipe (amazing how little damage seeing as I landed on my cornet!!) sooooo what do I do?

My cornet is definately insured so thats not a problem but, do I:

1. Get it sent off to my mums repairer friend up north and made better again
    2. Wait til its a bit more battered, cos its only cosmetic really I think
    3. any other suggestions?

Please help cos my cornet is very sad and poorly :cry: :cry:

2. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

get it repaired otherwise itll get even more sadder.
  3. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Sue the council for leaving wonky vehicle access points lying around just where someone might trip over them (if they weren't looking where they were going because they were playing The Middy in the rain on a church parade - quite a reasonable thing to expect someone to be doing after all)..........
  4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

LOLOLOL awww Mr Ron Rees Davies you've cheered me and my cornet up immensily!! It was a wonky vechile access point really though, it was like the bit thats goes uppety from the flat bit to the normal height bit of kerb ..... if you follow my drift!