My Old Kentucky home

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cookie101880, Jan 12, 2008.

1. cookie101880

cookie101880 Member

Hi

A friend of mine is currently looking for the piano part for the cornet solo ' My Old Kentucky Home ' by W.Rimmer. If any one knows where there's a part available please could you P.M. me or post on this thread.

Many Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    My Old Kentucky Home
    My Old Kentucky
    W.Rimmer
    Old Kentucky home Hi
    cornet solo
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Just Music have a piano copy arranged by J. Hartmann. Don't know whether it's compatible with the Rimmer arrangement though?

http://www.justmusicuk.com/

I seem to remember this solo - along with many other 'famous' solos being printed in book form all with piano accompaniment. 'Hailstorm' and 'Pandora' were included if my memory serves me correctly.

Edit: Pretty Jane and La Belle Americane were definitely included

;)

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would be very surprised seeing Damare's Pandora being in that selection! (... different publisher, i.e., Molenaar N.V. Wormerveer Holland) ;)

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Nope, they're not.

I did a solo contest once as a kid....and Harry Mortimer turner up (and sat with my Dad which made it much worse! :eek: )....they hadn't specified which arrangement was to be played....and I'd prepared the wrong one and had to play unaccompanied....

6. cat_oldham

cat_oldham New Member

Do you know how similar the arrangement is to the Rimmer, band version ... or is it very different ? ... THANKS:D

7. KMJ Recordings

It's different......by a quite a bit.....and the solos are of different difficulties as well ;)

8. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I have seen a copy of The Soloists Companion.My Old Kentucky Home is in there,along with many old famous solo's and duets.If you can still get a copy or if it is still in print.
    I remember having 1 many years ago,but cannot remember where it is.(Probably in the loft at my parents house)And I've been left home nearly 40 years.Joined the Army.
    If I can suggest,have a look on e-bay or Amazon.You might get lucky.
    CubbRep.

9. KMJ Recordings

W&R reprinted it a few years ago - there are probably a few still knocking around...

AFAIK there never was a piano part for the Rimmer version though.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- says who? :rolleyes:

http://www.sarnia-music.com/page6.html

11. KMJ Recordings

I haven't looked for 20 years though ;)

[& I was referring to an original part, rather than one that's been generated]

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    My Old Kentucky Home
    My Old Kentucky
    W.Rimmer
    Old Kentucky home Hi
    cornet solo
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- and I only used the Hartmann :cool:

14. KMJ Recordings

I did that solo contest when I was about 12 or 13....I was a couple of months behind on the Hartmann...IMO it's significantly harder (whatever that means!).

15. cat_oldham

cat_oldham New Member

Thanks to all of you for your help ... I have ordered the music from Sarnia Music.:D :D