My Old Kentucky home

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cookie101880, Jan 12, 2008.

1. cookie101880

cookie101880 Member

A friend of mine is currently looking for the piano part for the cornet solo ' My Old Kentucky Home ' by W.Rimmer. If any one knows where there's a part available please could you P.M. me or post on this thread.

Many Thanks.
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Just Music have a piano copy arranged by J. Hartmann. Don't know whether it's compatible with the Rimmer arrangement though?

I seem to remember this solo - along with many other 'famous' solos being printed in book form all with piano accompaniment. 'Hailstorm' and 'Pandora' were included if my memory serves me correctly.

Edit: Pretty Jane and La Belle Americane were definitely included

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would be very surprised seeing Damare's Pandora being in that selection! (... different publisher, i.e., Molenaar N.V. Wormerveer Holland) ;)
  4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Nope, they're not.

I did a solo contest once as a kid....and Harry Mortimer turner up (and sat with my Dad which made it much worse! :eek: )....they hadn't specified which arrangement was to be played....and I'd prepared the wrong one and had to play unaccompanied....
  5. cat_oldham

cat_oldham New Member

Do you know how similar the arrangement is to the Rimmer, band version ... or is it very different ? ... THANKS:D
  6. KMJ Recordings

It's a quite a bit.....and the solos are of different difficulties as well ;)
  7. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I have seen a copy of The Soloists Companion.My Old Kentucky Home is in there,along with many old famous solo's and duets.If you can still get a copy or if it is still in print.
    I remember having 1 many years ago,but cannot remember where it is.(Probably in the loft at my parents house)And I've been left home nearly 40 years.Joined the Army.
    If I can suggest,have a look on e-bay or Amazon.You might get lucky.
  8. KMJ Recordings

W&R reprinted it a few years ago - there are probably a few still knocking around...

AFAIK there never was a piano part for the Rimmer version though.
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- says who? :rolleyes:
  10. KMJ Recordings

I haven't looked for 20 years though ;)

[& I was referring to an original part, rather than one that's been generated]
  11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- and I only used the Hartmann :cool:
  12. KMJ Recordings

I did that solo contest when I was about 12 or 13....I was a couple of months behind on the Hartmann...IMO it's significantly harder (whatever that means!).
  13. cat_oldham

cat_oldham New Member

Thanks to all of you for your help ... I have ordered the music from Sarnia Music.:D :D