My missing thread........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by treblif, Jan 20, 2005.

1. treblif

treblif New Member

which I presume has been taken off.

On the face of it, it looked stupid because I just put Brass banding................. and looks like its been taken off.

Anyway it was meant to be the post equivilant of that piece of music thats just silent and see where everyone would have taken the thread.

Im guessing it would have lead to a conversation about the 6th bar on the second baritone part of sladiburn..........either that or a slagging match about chavs
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks for the explanation - please don't blame us for removing a thread which only had '....' as content ! ;)
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I think treblif should be well and truly 'Caged' :)
  4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

We just don't understand "Modern" art mate!! :dunno
  5. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Im still upset that Ducks quacks dont echo

kel x
  6. pegleg

pegleg Member

I thot it was decided that ducks quacks did NOT echo ?
  7. six pints

six pints Active Member

why not? poor ducks :(
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Of course a duck's quack echos!!
  9. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Sorry but I didn't think duck's quack echos either? However just because I've never heard a duck's quack echo dosn't mean it doesn't echo! (think that right):dunno :roll:
  10. dyl

dyl Active Member

I suppose this is where I'd post a 'back on topic' if I knew what the original topic was about! ;)
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

The original topic being? :cry:
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

Sorry :oops: Just re-read your post Dyl!!
  13. six pints

six pints Active Member

hang on hang on.....
    do duck quacks echo? why wouldnt they? why would they? has anyone ever heard them? has anyone ever not heard them? just how did is the universe? what is the meaning of life? i was goign to sleep tonight... now my minds going fifteen to the dozen!!!

help this poor young youthful 18 yr old!!!
  14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

talk about a random thread...

15. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I think about 8 double vodkas are the order of the day......;)
  16. six pints

six pints Active Member

sorry just 49 hours w/o sleep lol!!
  17. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

and counting.....;)
  18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I don't get it...surely there must be some substance on earth that the frequency of a ducks quack would bounce back off?!?!? Do ducks possess the only vocal resonence on earth that cannot rebound?? How does that work then??

19. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Its true they do echo....It has been tried and tested , by Jonny Ball
  20. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Some university guy got lots of money to investigate the duck echo thingy - but it does

The old saying that a duck's quack produces no echo is... well, just plain quackers. Daisy performs: The anechoic chamber has no sound reflections

Acoustics expert Professor Trevor Cox has deployed the most powerful techniques his science can muster to prove the bird's calls will bounce off hard surfaces in just the same way as all sounds.

But the researcher has discovered there is a kernel of truth in the myth which may explain how it arose in the first place. He says the way a duck quacks, with a long "aaaacckkk" on the end of the call, tends to mask any echoes that are produced.