My Love is like...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GeordieSop, Jul 25, 2009.

1. GeordieSop

GeordieSop Member

Hi guys (and gals)

I'm looking for a recording of the cornet solo "My Love is Like a Red Red Rose". The arrangement by Gordon Langford.

I've found a couple of recording on the WorldofBrass website but it doesn't say which version of the solo has been recorded.

Can anybody send me an .mp3 of this or tell me which cd has the correct version on?

thanks

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If you go to the 4barsrest.com site and search for "My love is like a red, red rose" you'll get about 4 pages of hits. Most of the listings specify which arrangement is being played, and there are several versions of the Gordon Langford to choose from.

3. andyp

andyp Active Member

It's on "World's Most Beautiful Melodies" (the first one), Philip McCann+Black Dyke.

4. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Member

Lympstone Band recorded it on their 1999 album "Trophies, Titles & Tears"

5. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Alan Morrison has recorded it......... on which of his many CDs I can't remember!

6. smaca

smaca Active Member

Lovely solo, but brought back a bad memory.

Was to play this in a program contest during one summer .Like most bands we were short of funds, so we took on two gala day engagements same day, and asked for late draw at contest. Each gala engagement involved a march, and a 30 min program.Being young and keen, played every note in march and program, then when it came to contest performance later in the day could hardly play a note.Great learning though.