My first post vanished

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brasstafarian, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Brasstafarian

Brasstafarian New Member

2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

The Brass Band Stasi did not approve im guessing

3. Brasstafarian

Brasstafarian New Member

I was hardly naming the restorer or even hinting where they are...

I am just looking for a close up picture of the lost part, so that a re-fabricated part may be as 'original' as possible.

Moderators - if my post was removed, can you please explain yourselves?
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I can't find any record of your original post, and usually, if it has been deleted, we can still access it. There have been a couple of issues with the migration and it could have dropped out then. From what you have said, I can't see any reason why it should have been removed, and suggest you re-post it and we'll see what happens.
  5. Jeff W

Jeff W Administrator Staff Member

The migration process started with a database export, and any activity on that old site from that point forward wasn't transferred over.

As soon as Phil did the export, I put up a notice on the old site warning that any new posts would be lost... I could have turned off the old server, but thought it'd be more convenient if you could at least browse old threads while I worked on the migration.

Just repost your post and you should be good. If needed, I have access to the old server for a few weeks before we shut it off, so I can PM you a copy of your post if you want to repost it without having to retype everything.