My First March

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by brownrob, Aug 13, 2009.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

Hey, I just finished my first march and put it up on SibeliusMusic.com

It is called Tomkin Road, which is where I was born and raised!

http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.php?sm=home.score&scoreID=146786

Thought suggestions etc please! I dont know if the price is too steep or not...

If someone wants to paypal me £10 then Ill print all off and post it to you, PM me for details

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

It is a decent march. Way overpriced in my opinion. BTW, for those of you unfamiliar with Scorch - drum rolls always sound like buzz rolls. There is a work around, but it is laborious.

Scorch sounds only as good as your midi sounds -- a bit tinny. So take that into consideration when listening to it.

Jim (the BagMan)
    Free All Brass Bands Radio www.allbrassradio.com

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Not really ... as I eventually was told!

Take this route ... Play>Dictionary>Articulations . Then, for 8,16 & 32 tremelos, delete "effect" dialogue (i.e., +tremolo,unmeasured) and then change the option of "play repeated notes" from unmeasured to subdivide. Click okay then save file to folder.

4. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

That sounds about right. I would have to look at my notes. But compared to just using the roll notation, that to me seems laborious.

Jim

What did you think of his march?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Traditional in style, but that's as far as I will comment. It's good to see people putting their ideas on to scores.

6. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I agree Brassneck, it takes courage to write something and ask for constructive criticism. I always ask myself about my compositions, would I want my band to play it? If I answer that "no" I keep working on it. If I answer it "yes", well then I publish it.

Lately though, I have not be composing much. My illnesses have kept me down. But someday I will rise to the occasion again.

7. brownrob

brownrob Member

Thanks again for the help!

Ive written another one for my band, Ill put it up for criticism in the main forum!!!