My brace is off!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Thegroupies, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Thegroupies

Thegroupies Member

Posted a question some 18 months ago asking for advice on braces.

Had some really usefull advice and also some rather alarming advice.

My daughter has now had her brace off she has had to move from cornet to Eb Horn, about 4 months into her treatment. However, she stuck with it, has a perfect set of nashers, her embrechure(don't think i spelt it correct, but you know what i mean) has greatly improved, and is producing a lovely sound.

So a big thanks to all of you who took and interest, and to all of you who face a brace (pardon the pun) stick with it.
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

That's great news. Hope she enjoys playing horn, everyone knows its the best instrument. Good luck to her!! :tup
  3. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Now you've had that brace removed make sure you wear your retainer regularly. I slept in mine every night for the first year after my brace was removed as my orthodontist told me (quite rightly) that it takes a while for them to set in their new position. My teeth are also very nice and straight now and I'm not afraid to smile on photos. :D

I am also lucky enough to play now for a championship section band on cornet so wishing you all the best.. and keep playing

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

double bonus :)
    good work!