My bonnies lies over the ocean and Flower duet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by satchmo shaz, Oct 14, 2010.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

morning experts!
    My band have to play my bonnie lies over the ocean at a concert in november, does anyone know of a brass band arrangement? or is it in a selction somewhere?
    Also is there a sop part for the flower duet, I know there is a solo sop part, but I am after a sop part non solo, ie accompanymant part

cheers Shaz x;)

2. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

This tune is in the Salvation Army Blue HYmn Tune Book (No 738. ).

These should be readily available from SP & S.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  3. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Hi, Shaz,

Re My Bonny..., take a look here It would probably be best to give them a ring first, just to make sure it's the right tune.

4. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Oh, and regards the Flower Duet, the Gordon Langford arrangement is for Bb cornet and Eb cornet, but Philip Sparke has arranged it for either two Bb cornets or Bb and Eb, so I would think there would be an Eb accompanying part for when it's played by two Bb instruments. It's available here and, again, I suggest a quick phone call, just to confirm my theory.

5. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

I have a Grimethorpe L.P and the arrangement is called OCEAN BOUNCE and it s great for a concert it s a sort of happy arrangement of my bonnie lies over the ocean.:p

6. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Hi guys, I have found a simple arrangement of my bonnie, just after a sop part to flower duet now
    cheers Sharon

7. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

From memory - there is no sop part for the philip sparke version if the sop isn't playing one of the two solo parts. They are tacet. Why not have the sop take a rest for that piece?