My 1000th post as well...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jan H, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to keep you all waiting, but I was on a different "mission" yesterday (to give you a hint: it involved lot's of :guiness) Anyway: finally, here it is: my 1000th post!!!! :biggrin:

:bounce:bounce:bounce

I remember discovering tMP in May of this year. I was already active on some Belgian brass-related forums (inclusing a forum that I set up myself on my band's website). It was on the "Belgian Brass Band Forum" that someone mentioned theMouthPiece.com, so I immediately came over and registered myself. Some friends of mine who play in de "Noord-Limburgse Brass Band" had just returned from the Crawley Contest, were they had been very succesfull, so I made my first post in the thread discussing this event.

Shortly after that, BOC Brother started and that's when i really started to get "addicted": sneakily reading the posts at work, staying up longer just to check if there was another post in some thread, etc. Gradually I started to post more and more in the Random forum (Tune Association, Person Before, ...) but I also enjoyed the more "serious" discussions in the Rehearsel Room and the Adjudicators Comments. it's a great way for "foreign" brass band lovers to keep informed about what's going on in the British Brass Banding World, which of course still is the example for all brass bands all over the world. I also hope my contributions to these dicussions have been interesting for you (especially as some sort of "unbiased, outside view", or at least that's what I tried...)

Anyway, it has been great getting to know so much new, interesting people from all over the world. Currently my MSN list is almost half made up of tMP people... I'm now really looking forward to going to the UK sometime, just to meet some of all these terific people. Also when you're ever coming over to Belgium (with or without band), feel free to contact me and see if we can make an arrangement to meet each other (maybe next year fot the Kerkrade contests?)

And now on to my 2000th post...

Jan

(and thanks for tolerating my dubious English...)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Belgian
    British Brass Banding World
    brass bands
    bounce
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Congratulations Jan_h. I think you gave me and idea for the you know when you're a BOC threas;)

I share many of your sentiments and am glad to have you as an online buddy :D

4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

2 in one day... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

On the whole, Jan your English is amongst the best on tMP :) , However:

typo or Freudian slip ;) ?
    Congratulations on your K-post
    BMB
    xx

6. Jan H

:oops: Let's say it was the first one (but it isn't impossible that mr. Freud has something to do with it after all ;))

7. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

congrats Jan_r
    WEll done
    too bad u can't keep up with me ;)

:woo :woo :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness
    :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

8. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

Well Done...... I'm getting there ! :D

9. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

come on Jan_r u must keep up ;-)

10. Jan H

Unfortunately, I have other things to do as well sometimes :shock: :p (like rehearsing and organising things for my band :D)...

And instead of Jan_r (which should be Jan_h anyway :eek:) you may call me Jan ;) (like Jen but with an a :cool: )

:biggrin::biggrin:

11. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

oops i like jan_r then jan_h...hehe but from now on i'll call u jan so i don't get confused anymore!!!!!!!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Belgian
    British Brass Banding World
    brass bands
    bounce