Must Get My Lip IN

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by SteveT, Oct 4, 2010.

1. SteveT

SteveT Member

I am being dragged out of playing retirement to do some teaching and coaching. Having played at the highest level and was a professional for some time, I need to get my lip back in!

I would like to help any band within a reasonable distance of Braintree.... Any takers!?

2. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Fulham will need some help on trombone short term until we recruit if you are interested?

3. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

We're in the process of looking for a bass trom at City of Cambridge.

There's also Ipswich and Norwich who are not much further away - pm Tromboneian and I'm sure he'd be happy to give details.

Also Colchester and Haverhill bands within reasonable distance - Haverhill are an extremely friendly bunch and like Ipswich are a good first section band. I've not played with Colchester but have come across a few of their members when helping out various bands and they are likewise a good bunch.

Also got Soham Comrades which is a little bit further on but they are quite active with concerts and contests. Also a very social group too ( my liver and wallet took a big hit with them on Friday night at Butlins this year !!)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  4. Ava Banana

Ava Banana New Member

Not forgetting Clacton (Championship Section)...who are probably closest to you as they rehearse in Witham most weeks!

5. SteveT

SteveT Member

As you know Simon, I happy to help, but from recent experience makes Fulham a long distance from here!

6. SteveT

SteveT Member

I last played Bass Trom for Leyland, quite a long time ago! Its takes a god 9 months to get on top of your playing on Bass Trom! Think I'll stick to tenor!

Looking for something more local. I appreciate your input! Thanks!

Steve

7. SteveT

SteveT Member

I seem to be unable to type!

8. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Or bottom :biggrin: