Musicals and Plays

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MrsDoyle, Oct 26, 2009.

1. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Which musicals or plays have you seen recently and would recommend to others?

I went on Wednesday to see Blood Brothers at the Manchester Opera House and was extremely impressed. Petula Clarke's performance as Mrs Johnstone was particularly impressive, and the standard of performance both musically and dramatically was first class. Naturally, everyone was weeping at the end.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blood Brothers
    Manchester Opera House
    Petula Clarke
    Musicals
    Mrs Johnstone
  3. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

I took part in the Music Man and really enjoyed it. The songs are very catchy.

4. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

For plays especially ones by shakespeare there is a company called Oddsocks who go on tour and perform them. Truely excellent. Their plays are always funny.

5. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

La Cage ..... Tho not if you're under 18 ..... or easily offended ;)

6. umchacha56k

umchacha56k Member

if you can get to london go and watch " wicked" it really is amazing!

7. Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum on closed circuit T.V. from the orchestra pit.

8. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

'La cage' with John Barrowman....orchestra where very good.....

Hairspray has Derek 'Mr Lead trumpet' Watkins in the pit.....

9. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

I saw Madam Butterfly performed by the Welsh National Opera on Saturday night and was absolutely mesmerised by the whole thing. Cried buckets twice (end of Act 1 and end of the performance). Thought the whole thing would be right above my head having never seen an opera before but it wasn't. It was beautiful, moving and glorious to see professional musicians/singers at the top of their game performing at such a level. Want to see another now!!

10. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

I love Hairspay. It's excellent :D

11. bbg

bbg Member

Saw "We will Rock You" in London earlier this year - pure Queen nostalgia for those of us of a certain age!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blood Brothers
    Manchester Opera House
    Petula Clarke
    Musicals
    Mrs Johnstone
  13. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Yup - I saw it with John Barrowman too .... he was very, VERY impressive.

14. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I went to see blood brothers at the buxton oprea house and was excellent. But musicals generally are not my cup of tea Mrs Doyle!!

15. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I played in that (in the pit) a couple of weeks ago, had a great laugh! I'm doing Hairspray this week, just got back from the dress rehearsal, the music is great and really catchy. Also done Sweet Charity, Hello Dolly and Gypsie this year, all of which were great fun (as were the after show parties :tup )