Musical Pets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Accidental, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I was just having a blow, accompanied as usual by my labrador, and wondered if anyone else had "musical" (or music critic!!) animals.

The dog always insists on being in the same room when we're playing, but really objects to high note practice - on Gs and As she grumbles and thumps her tail hopefully, by Bb she's nudging my leg asking me to stop, and at B she starts singing along. Silly animal!

My cat likes to walk up and down the piano keyboard too :evil:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pets
    anyone
    musical
    practice
    animal
  3. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I don't think a fish and a rabbit could be musical!

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

My dog, Meg, loves Music.
    Whenever I'm playing any of my instruments she'll be nearby listening... if we put music on in the house, she'll lye down and listen...

but, the biggest thing we have found, is that Meg likes to listen to the tv, watch it sometimes... and she's liked a few of the music things on it too, such as:
    1) the Cadburys theme before Coronation Street; (when it was the clarinet playing the tune...)
    and 2) the music to the Antiques Roadshow... you know, when it gets to that high trumpetty bit near the end... She'll sing a long to that! :lol:
    Theres a few others that her ears will go up to...

A dog with good taste 8)

5. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Murphy (the dog) howls every time we play~am not sure if its pleasure or pain, but i'm leaning more towards pain :?

6. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

My dog and 2 cats are too useless to do anything that cute...

But the bandhall lets me practise down there regularly.....it saves them from paying for an exterminator

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

What about the Sharks in West Side Story :?: :wink: :lol:

8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

:lol:
    We had rabbits when we were kids, and one weed on a pile of piano music - maybe it was trying to tell us something?!

9. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

A well respected conducted told me that one of the top section UK bands he guested with were like animals! Can animals play brass well? :wink:

10. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

My dog is deaf, just as well really :wink:

11. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

I have recently purchased a cd from ebay called Jingle Cats. It is genius, proper instrumental backing, with cats singing the melody, the odd dog too.
    It is the funiest thing i've heard in a while.
    But then, as people who know me, I am easily pleased!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pets
    anyone
    musical
    practice
    animal
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I think it was Ray Stevens who did a chicken version of 'In the Mood' (only it was called 'In the Brood'). A 'poultry' excuse for a record... :roll:

14. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Lady (my Dog) only knows of the sounds of her dog-meat can opening, that's abou the only extend of musical knowlage she has.

Although, she seems to be able to tell the time as well, Coz at 6pm everyday, she'll sit in front of me looking at me and when I say 'U gettin' Fed' she jumps around like crazy!

15. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

Well i can't really tell if my fish appreciates it and the rabbit lives outside. Although my fish is a goldfish which i won at the fair 6/7 years it is so fat it can just about lift itself off the floor.A right bloater.

16. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

My 4 cats detest it when I play even with a practice mute. Then run and hide anywhere that is the furthest point from where I am!!!!!!!!!!!

17. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

My dog yelps in Bb if you stand on his tail, does that count?

18. My dog barney (the circus dog to his friends) produces a really wierd howl when i practice, sounds abit like a cow, but that said, he is very talented and is possibly doing an impression of my playing... :?