Musical instrument Grants?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by matt_BBb_bass, Sep 10, 2008.

1. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Heyy

I am looking for a grant to help me toward buying an EEb bass... I am normal BBb bass but i am now playing for wind bands and playing EEb bass in the brass band environment to, and looking to study music in next couple of years and most places prefer EEb basses!! I have try looking for grants but all the one i seem to be finding are for string or woodwind instruments! Can anyone help? Do u know anywhere i could try?

Thanks for the help

Matt

2. Di

Di Active Member

Take a look at the BBC Instrument & Equipment Awards. :)

It's a process of filling in an Application form, putting forward a good case, them collecting references etc and the lucky few receive monies towards their chosen instrument.

3. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Have you looked at the Arts Council's 'Take it Away' scheme? It doesn't provide grants, but it does give interest-free loans for the purchase of instruments.
    www.takeitaway.org.uk

The Royal Philharmonic Society administrates the Sir John Barbirolli Memorial Foundation that provides grants for instrument purchase. I think it's for current music students but I guess it's still worth a look - www.royalphilharmonicsociety.org.uk.

4. TubaGeek

TubaGeek Member

Well, I'm not sure about your city council, but down here in Exeter, the council rent out instruments to students in full-time education, and tuba's are amongst the "Extinct" instruments and thus only £20 for a Year!

Give your council a try? They might hire them out quite cheap?

5. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Doesn't the MBF do something too? I'll have a look....................

6. mark_scott

mark_scott Member

Music Sound Foundation

I just got a new euph from the EMI music sound foundation, all you have to do is fill out one form and then wait.

www.musicsoundfoundation.com

7. Chucky

Chucky New Member

matt ask chrissy bond! he got a grant for a piano or something once, not sure if it was something to do with the bbc.