Musical Director Required

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Panggers, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Panggers

Panggers New Member

Pangbourne and District Silver Band seeks a new Musical Director to start as soon as possible. See our website www.pangbourneband.org.uk for more information about the band.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Director
    Musical Director
    District Silver Band
    band
    Pangbourne
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I don't want to be accused of bumping :oops:, but this post is still vacant. I'm holding on until somebody is able to take over, but due to pressure of work I really do need to stand down after 9 happy years!

Come on guys, is there nobody out there who wants to lead a great team of fun and friendly folks? The band does regular concerts and tours (and the occasional contest), and is well known throughout the Reading / West Berkshire area.

Get in touch if you want to know more!!

DaveR

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  4. Panggers

Panggers New Member

MD still required!!!!!

We still need a new MD. DaveR hung in there as long as possible and we thank him for his support. We did eventually appoint somebody with a background in Orchestral and Concert Band music who unfortunately wasn't able to get to grips with short scores and modern brass band music. We are willing to give a budding but inexperienced person a go - I see there have been a few threads from people asking how to become a conductor - this could be your chance!

We rehearse on a Wednesday evening from 8 pm to 10 pm in Pangbourne Village Hall. We are a small but friendly group who enjoy a trip to the local pub after rehearsals. In fact our next gig is in a pub garden - come and hear us play at the Old Boot, Stanford Dingley from 1:30 pm on Sunday 16th July.:D