Musical Director Required

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Panggers, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Panggers

Panggers New Member

Pangbourne and District Silver Band seeks a new Musical Director to start as soon as possible. See our website for more information about the band.
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I don't want to be accused of bumping :oops:, but this post is still vacant. I'm holding on until somebody is able to take over, but due to pressure of work I really do need to stand down after 9 happy years!

Come on guys, is there nobody out there who wants to lead a great team of fun and friendly folks? The band does regular concerts and tours (and the occasional contest), and is well known throughout the Reading / West Berkshire area.

Get in touch if you want to know more!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  3. Panggers

Panggers New Member

MD still required!!!!!

We still need a new MD. DaveR hung in there as long as possible and we thank him for his support. We did eventually appoint somebody with a background in Orchestral and Concert Band music who unfortunately wasn't able to get to grips with short scores and modern brass band music. We are willing to give a budding but inexperienced person a go - I see there have been a few threads from people asking how to become a conductor - this could be your chance!

We rehearse on a Wednesday evening from 8 pm to 10 pm in Pangbourne Village Hall. We are a small but friendly group who enjoy a trip to the local pub after rehearsals. In fact our next gig is in a pub garden - come and hear us play at the Old Boot, Stanford Dingley from 1:30 pm on Sunday 16th July.:D