Musical director / band trainer Denton Brass

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by BIG Paul, Aug 16, 2009.

1. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

MUSICAL DIRECTOR / BAND TRAINER required by Denton Brass. an up and coming fourth section band on the border of Manchester and Tameside. Recent good results at Buxton contest (4th place). A good balance of concert and contest engagements. We rehearse Mondays and Thursdays in the centre of Denton only minutes from Junction 24 of the M60 and Junction 1A of the M67.

We are looking for someone who can motivate, encourage and improve the band, bringing better performances in concerts as well as contests. It is important that the successful applicant is a good communicator, who is able to create an enjoyable but hardworking atmosphere, bringing energy and new ideas to the band.

Applications in writing with C.V. to
    or Paul Keogh 28 Farley Ave., Gorton, Manchester M18 7WA
  2. kierendinno

kierendinno Member

I played with the band at the Whit Fridays this year, fantastic group of people with a good set up! I wish the band the best of luck in finding somebody to take them forward, they deserve it! :D
  3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I can only echo what's been said by Kieren, I played with Denton at Whychavon last year, friendly bunch with a great sense of humour who worked hard in the bandroom. .

Good luck Paul, If you're stuck one night for a man-in-the-middle I'll gladly pop over and fill an evening.
  4. flug_gal

flug_gal Member

Ditto above really, used to play with them before the move to London, still dep when possible. Fantastic group, very friendly and welcoming, anyone who gets this position should count themselves lucky, and the last time I played with them (spring) they sounded better than some third section bands I've depped for!
  5. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

The position has now been filled by our own Principal cornet player Colin Myers. Colin has had a great deal of experience playing in Championship section bands in the North East. colin also conducts many bands at School and is looking forward to taking the band to new highs, as he already knows the strengths and weaknesses of each player within the band, the transition should be quite painless.

The band would like to thank all the applicants for their interest and good wishes.
  6. MattB

MattB Member

Good luck Colin! All the best to the band. If i can ever help in any way i will.