Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by drums4monty, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. drums4monty

    drums4monty Member

    Has anyone out there got a copy of Haydns Toy Symphony I could borrow or buy? I realy need to get hold of this score and it is now out of print (or so I've been told).

    Also could one of you music students (or any one that knows for that matter) please confirm (or not) that Cors en UT means Horns in C, and Cors en FA means Horns in F? :?

    Many thanks
  2. davidquinlan

    davidquinlan Member

    You are right, UT does mean in C and FA does mean in F.
  3. drums4monty

    drums4monty Member

    Thanks David
  4. Brian Bowen

    Brian Bowen Active Member

    You probably mean the Toy Symphony by Leopold Mozart, that was formerly attributed to Michael (not Joseph) Haydn. Maybe that'll help you track it down. There are other Toy Symphonies, e.g., one by Malcolm Arnold.
  5. drums4monty

    drums4monty Member

    Thats the one Brian. So if anyone can help please let me know.
  6. PeterBale

    PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

  7. drums4monty

    drums4monty Member

    Thanks Peter I've sent them an email.