Music Wanted

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by michellegarbutt, Mar 25, 2006.

1. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Our band is going to buy some new music for us to use this year. Our library hasn't been updated for several years and we don't have much money to spend. What we would like to do is borrow the music listed below for a week or so. If we like it and feel that the band can put on a decent performance of it we'll go out and buy our own copy. If we don't like it then we can pick another piece and spend our money on that instead. So if any band has the following that we could borrow for a week or so we'd be extremely grateful

Blue Rondo A La Turk
    Breezing down Broadway
    Something Stupid

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    music
    performance
    Something
    Blue Rondo A La Turk
    band
  3. Alan Fernie

Alan Fernie Member

All of them are good band pieces, Michelle. "Blue Rondo" is tricky but worth it, "Breezin'" is a belter, and "Something Stupid" has been my best seller for 2 years now. It's dead easy to play. Just buy them, they're OK!
    I tried to be as kind as I could last week in Darlington, but it did kind of fall apart to finish. It's not much consolation I know, but it wasn't as bad as 1 or 2 I heard in Motherwell the previous week! At least you got there, and had a go.

4. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Thanks Alan. to be honest we felt the position was justified. Our percussionists only joined us a week before the contest and their first practice together with us was on the morning of the contest. It went ok then but fell apart a bit on stage but as you say at least we got there and tried