Music Teacher of the Year

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by DanB, Nov 13, 2007.

1. DanB

DanB Member

As I know he won't blow his own baritone (being the shy, quiet type)...

Thought I should post that my big brother Leigh Baker from Brighouse was a finalist in the Classic FM Music Teacher of the Year this year. At an awards ceremony in London last night, he came 3rd. Obviously not a bad achievement in a national competition which hundreds of people were entered into!

Also, nice to note that he didn't apply for the award himself - one of his pupils put his name forward without him even knowing!

Well done big bruvver!! :clap:

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Congratulations Leigh... wonderful accomplishment made all the better by being nominated by a pupil.

3. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

In true brass banding terms...he was robbed by the judges....where did they get these people from.....did Black Dyke win???

Only joking, I have to say that I am disappointed that he didn't win because he works hard and is an extremely good teacher/composer/bands person. I will no doubt congratulate him in person this evening at our rehearsal.

Well done Leigh.

4. motson

motson New Member

And just won the best new arrangement at Brass in Concert for the second year running. Clever musician as well as teacher !

Well Done Leigh.